Pages

Monday, February 20, 2012

Wedding Shower Weekend

I had such a fun weekend with all my favorites!

Had a great time at the shower getting to see all the lovely ladies I had pretty much every class with in college. One of my favorite things about my major was how close everyone got, especially when we all started the Coordinated Program. Loved catching up with everyone and seeing where we all are in life now.

Amie and Ruth- the two bride to be's!

The whole group.

Of course, there was some good food at the shower!

Brown sugar and chocolate chip pound cake (made by the amazing baker, Dara!), chex mix, chicken salad in phyllo cups, chocolate covered strawberries, and pistachio macaroons.

After the shower was over, Mary Alice and Dara came back over to my apartment where we had a two hour heart to heart before dinner. I've missed these girls so much!

My partners in crime.

There we are in Boston. Can't believe that was over a year ago!

Our other friend Killette met up with us for dinner. We tried to go to Chez Fonfon, but when we found out there was a 1 1/2 hour wait, we decided to go elsewhere. We walked around the corner to a Mexican restaurant called Fuego where there wasn't a wait. I ordered the Portabello Mushroom Quesadilla-garlic roasted portabello mushrooms, Mexican cheese, and caramelized onions. I might have just been really hungry, but it totally hit the spot.


After dinner, we headed to The Wine Loft, which is pretty much my new favorite place. I felt so posh and sophisticated as we sat on a spacious couch, sipped our wine, and listened to Frank Sinatra in the background. We split a bottle of the Cagnina de Romagna, a rich sweet red with black cherry and cola flavors. It was unlike any wine I've ever had before, but I really enjoyed it. Our next stop was Steel where we met up with some more people. It was fun trying out two new places in one night.

Before everyone headed out on Sunday, we went to brunch at Chez Lulu. We tried Over Easy and Another Broken Egg first, but they were all too crowded. We didn't have very much luck with restaurants this weekend, but it worked out- Chez Lulu is adorable, and we were able to get in our French restaurant after all. I ordered one of the brunch specials, Eggs Florentine- baked eggs with spinach and mushrooms served over French bread with roasted garlic cheddar grits and applesauce on the side. It was just what I wanted.


I've got a busy day ahead and and lots to get accomplished before the NEEDTOBREATHE concert tonight. Hope you have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. I live eggs florentine, that and eggs Benedict! Eggs are just amazing in general. ;) have fun at the concert tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got back from my friends bridal shower and she's a bit of a crazy girl so we were seeking for something exceptional. Every single one of us got a personalized scavenger hunt shrit and the bride had to check off topics off our shirts throughout the night… we punished the bride with numerous drinks and absolutely everyone had a great deal of laughs. Identified an excellent web-site that lets you customize your own t shrits, mugs, post cards tons of other neat things.
    www.amazingbacheloretteparty.com/games

    ReplyDelete