Pages

Saturday, February 18, 2012

Rock Climbing, a Clean Room, and Homemade Chex Mix

Hey everyone! Here are some highlights from the past couple of days....

Thursday:
  • I went rock climbing with Catheryne at First Avenue Rocks. I've been wanting to try this place out for a long time and am always up for doing something new and different, so I was thrilled when she asked me to go with her. It was a lot of fun! It was pretty challenging and works all kinds of muscles I'm not used to working. My upper body is so sore, especially my back and shoulders! I would definitely want to go back.
  • I ate leftover baked chicken parmesan and vegetables for two meals.

Meal 1 with leftover ratatouille.

Meal 2 with roasted sweet potatoes and Brussels sprouts.

Friday:
  • I went to an early morning spin class and then stayed for one of my beloved yoga classes (it was wonderful as always) at the Mountain Brook YMCA. I always look forward to spin class days. It's such a good workout!
  • I discovered a new Chobani flavor that I don't like. I made my usual Greek yogurt bowl with the Passionfruit flavor, and it just wasn't good. I still have one more in my refrigerator that I need to eat, but I will not be buying this again!

  • I met my friend Jody for lunch at Makarios, a Mediterranean restaurant close to UAB's campus. I ordered the Chicken Ghallaba- sautéed chicken, vegetables, and rice rolled in a pita. It was a cool place. Jody and I have decided to be adventurous and try out many more lunch spots downtown.

  • I went to dinner at The Fish Market with Will and his dad who is in town for the weekend. I ordered the grilled salmon and a side Greek salad. I didn't take a picture, but it was really good!
Saturday
  • I went on a 6 mile run with Laura this morning. I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I was so glad to have someone accompany me!
  • I had a post-run smoothie from Smoothie King! This is the Muscle Punch Smoothie- strawberries, bananas, soy protein, non fat milk, vanilla, wheat germ, and nutritional yeast. I made it "skinny" by asking for it without the turbinado and honey. It was delish.

  • I cleaned my room in anticipation of Mary Alice's arrival. My room never looks like this.

Look mom, aren't you proud?
  • I'm about to leave for a wedding shower! Here is the homemade chex mix I am providing.

4 C Cascadian Farms Multigrain Chex, 2 C Multigrain Cheerios, 1 C Reduced Fat Cheez Its, 1 C Pretzels,  1 C cashews, almonds, walnuts, and pecans seasoned with 1 tsp. Cavender's Greek seasoning, 1 tsp. garlic powder, 2 T worcestershire sauce, 2 T Bragg's Liquid Aminos, and 6 T Smart Balance butter. So maybe a little healthier than your average chex mix!

Hope you have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. So cool you went rock climbing! I'm very impressed. I've got my first spin class ever next week- any tips? I'm excited to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I freaking love smoothie King! That was my main motivation to going to the rec to work out at Alabama-there was a smoothie King there ;)

    ReplyDelete