Pages

Monday, February 13, 2012

Perfect Pre-Run Fuel

I've always had such a hard time deciding what to eat as a snack before a run. I hate being hungry when I run, but I also hate being too full. I've also made the mistake of eating too much fiber before a run. That's never a good idea.


Dates + peanut butter fits the bill of being perfect energy-boosting fuel that doesn't make me feel too heavy or upset my stomach. It sounds sort of weird, but it works for me. And it's delish!

Here's how my runs last week went down...

Tuesday: 3.02 miles in 27:45
Wednesday: 4 miles in 36:13
Thursday: 3.02 miles in 27:39
Sunday: 5.03 miles in 46:38

I think my average pace ranges somewhere from 8:45-9:15.

I was supposed to do my long run on Saturday but was just not feeling it. I didn't feel too great, so I laid in bed all morning and went to a yoga class instead. It was a good call.

Food from the Weekend:

Dinner Friday night at my friend Catheryne's house. We had grilled chicken with sun dried tomato & basil goat cheese spread, whole wheat fusili with sun dried tomatoes and parmesan, and salad with gorgonzola and walnuts. Yum!

Whole Wheat Cinnamon Raisin Toast with PB & Co White Chocolate Wonderful, sliced banana, raisins, cinnamon, and agave nectar. Amazing. It's like dessert but all real foods!!

Cheesy scrambled eggs with salsa and veggies. Obvs.

Saturday night dinner at 26. I ordered the special of the day, Cobia with brown butter braised Brussels sprouts, roasted red peppers, wild mushrooms, and tomato bacon sauce. This place is quickly becoming one of my favorite restaurants!

Post-run dinner on Sunday. Whole Foods Hot Bar!!! Lemon rosemary chicken, macaroni and cheese, sautéed kale, butternut squash, and asparagus with mushrooms and red peppers. I had been craving macaroni and cheese all weekend, so it totally hit the spot!

This week's workouts....

Monday: Body Pump + 30 minutes elliptical
Tuesday: 3 miles + yoga
Wednesday: 4 miles + yoga
Thursday: 3 miles + weights
Friday: Spin class (1 hour)
Saturday: 6 miles
Sunday: off

Hope you have a great week!

2 comments:

  1. You're the second person I've seen today who had goat cheese. I need some!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lemon rosemary chicken and macaroni and cheese looks so good!

    ReplyDelete