Pages

Friday, September 9, 2011

Fall is Here

I can't get over how good it feels outside! The air is so crisp (humidity, stay away forever), I can wear sweaters and jeans, and although I eat oatmeal year round-it feels much more in season now. I just hope it's here to stay!

I had fun girl's night with a few of my friends last night. We made pizza and salad, drank wine, and just had a fun time talking. I'm also going to Atlanta later in the day to visit MA and Callie for the weekend. I always have such a fun time when I'm there and am excited for a weekend trip!

Before I head off to tackle my to do list for the day, I'll leave you with some recent eats.

Recent Eats:

1/2 C oats, 1 C water, sliced banana, 1 T ground flax, 1 T Smart Balance Crunchy PB, handful of Love Grown Foods Raisin Almond Crunch.

1/2 C oats prepped with 1 C water and skim milk stirred in at the end. I made a fall-inspired bowl of oats topped with 1/2 Bosc pear, pumpkin seeds, dried cherries, and sunflower seed butter. Oh, how I love fall flavors.

Chocolate Almond Coconut Clif Mojo Bar.

Nectarine.

Taziki's Dinner Special-grilled shrimp over polenta with Greek salad. There was supposed to be some sort of "rustic tomato sauce" that was served over the shrimp and polenta, but it somehow got left off my take out order. Still a quite tasty dinner though!

1/2 A.L.T. (avocado, lettuce, tomato, veganaise) on Big Sky 3 seed bread from Organic Harvest. There's not too much that's better than creamy avocado and I'm still so surprised that I'm actually a big fan of veganaise. I realize that sounds disgusting, but hey...I like it!

I paired my sandwich with vegetarian chili! It was a lot better than it looks in this picture-there were lots of beans, and it actually had a really meaty flavor!

Chicken Burrito Bowl from Izzo's Illegal Burrito. Rice, black beans, chicken, sautéed onions and mushrooms, pico, corn, lettuce, and guac.

TGIF!

3 comments:

  1. The only time I have been to Tazikis I did not like what I ordered but the shrimp looks so good! I may have to give it another try! I just love Zoes so much I think I may be bias.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum the shrimp and polenta looks so good! That's unfortunate that they left off the tomato sauce, but at least you got the best parts. Have fun in Atlanta! I need to make a trip there very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Izzo's look amazing! I'm going to have to visit there too!

    ReplyDelete