Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

New Breakfast Products

When I got to Atlanta yesterday, I went straight to my friend Callie's apartment. She's in grad school at Emory, and I got the full tour of the campus. So pretty over there!

A couple of hours later, we met up with Mary Alice and other friend for dinner at Fellini's Pizza, a neighborhood pizza joint. It had a really relaxed, casual atmosphere that was perfect for last night! I couldn't decide between the Spinach and Mushroom Pizza or the White Pizza, so I decided to get the best of both worlds. I ordered a slice of the White Pizza and added spinach and mushrooms. It was so good! We all split a pitcher of Blue Moon and had a fun time talking and catching up.

Mozzarella, fresh garlic, oregano, ricotta cheese, spinach, and mushrooms.

After dinner, we headed over to Cafe Intermezzo and met another friend for after dinner coffee and dessert. I've been to Cafe Intermezzo one other time before, and they have a very extensive beverage and dessert menu. You walk up to a huge counter of desserts, place your order, and then they bring it out to you. It was really overwhelming-I get really stressed out when I have lots of choices. I ended up going with the White Chocolate Torte per the waitresses's recommendation. I also tried a bite of Rum Cake, Lemon Cake, and Derby Pie from my other eating companions! My torte was HUGE and delicious! It almost had some sort of a lemon flavor to it, which I really loved. I ate about half and took a box home.

Low lighting + crappy Blackberry camera phone.

I spent the night at MA's apartment, and we stayed up late chatting and having deep life discussions, as we tend to do. This morning I woke up to World Market Pumpkin Spice Coffee and a beautiful breakfast display:

Breakfast Perfection.

I made a yogurt bowl with Wallaby Vanilla Bean Nonfat Yogurt (Omg. Loved this!) topped with 1/2 sliced banana, blueberries, Hail Merry Hemp Grawnola (Loved this too), and Trader Joe's Creamy Almond Butter with Sea Salt (AMAZING). It was fun trying so many new products!

MA also brought out some bran muffins she had made earlier this week. I love a good a bran muffin!

Now that my stomach is completely satisfied, I'm off to use the workout room and find a cool coffee shop to read journal articles for my weight management certification. I'm excited for another fun day and night in Atlanta!

1 comment: