Pages

Friday, September 23, 2011

San Diego Bound

I'm headed out to San Diego for the American Dietetic Association's annual conference early tomorrow morning. It will be my first time in San Diego, and I can't wait!


My mom is accompanying me, and we have plans to hit up the zoo tomorrow! I've also already made dinner reservations for each night (via spending a few hours on UrbanSpoon), but are you really surprised?

Food from the Week:

Leftover pasta.

 
Oatmeal season!!!
1/2 C oats, water, skim milk, 1 T ground flax, sliced banana, blueberries, sunflower seed butter.


Overnight Oats.
1/3 C oats, 1/3 C Greek yogurt, 1/3 C skim milk, 1 T ground flax, 1 T Smart Balance Crunchy PB, sliced banana, blueberries, cinnamon.


3/4 C Kashi Heart to Heart Cinnamon, skim milk, sliced banana, blueberries.

I had one of those days where I just needed some melty, cheesy goodness and a Cherry Coke Zero. I just did. I used Rudi's 7 grain with flax, one slice cheddar, one slice provolone, sliced tomato, and pesto. The pesto and mix of cheeses make all the difference in the world. I was so content after eating this.

Quiche with spinach, mushrooms, red bell pepper, and bacon. Spinach salad with pumpkin seeds, dried cherries, and Annie's Balsamic on the side.

Grilled salmon with vegetable couscous and Greek salad from Taziki's. Even though I've eaten at Taziki's probably more than any other restaurant, I never really get sick of it. Probably because they always have some kind of spectacular dinner special, such as the aforementioned.

I got all domestic and made homemade granola this week. Here's my awesome recipe:
1 C almonds, 1 C cashews, 1 C walnuts, 1 C oats, 1/2 C sunflower seeds, 1/2 C pumpkin seeds, 6 T agave nectar (favorite sweetener at the moment!). Bake for 15 minutes at 300ยบ. Once the granola has cooled, add 1/2 raisins and 1/2 C dried cranberries. It's crazy good granola.

Redwood Hill Farms Vanilla Goat Milk Yogurt topped with homemade granola. I was a fan of the goat milk yogurt-although, it's a little higher in fat (5 grams). I've loved trying new types and flavors of yogurt this week!

Chips + guacamole. Guacamole is the food the gods, seriously.

Dinner at Cantina. I ordered the Cilantro Chicken served with roasted corn, poblano peppers, cheese, and saffron rice. Soooo yummy!!

Vanilla Chobani with shredded coconut, butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, and agave. Typically, I'm not one of those "I'll just eat Greek yogurt as an ice cream replacement and be totally satisfied type people." Somehow, this little concoction magically worked for me, and I turned into one of those people.

This was even better! Vanilla Chobani mixed with Nutella. It would've been good by itself, but I kicked things up a notch by adding chocolate chips and blueberries. Go. Try. This. Now. Forreal.

Have a great weekend! I'll be California dreamin' tonight:)

1 comment: