Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

PB Pancakes

Yesterday, MA and I made pancakes for breakfast! And they were peanut butter pancakes, which definitely kicked things up a notch. 


Pancakes are such a nice weekend breakfast treat.

Toppings bar.

My toppings of choice included Trader Joe's Almond Butter, 1/2 sliced banana, raspberries, blueberries, agave nectar, and a sprinkle of cinnamon.

Peanut Butter Pancakes=Love.

I ran some errands around Lenox and ate lunch at the Whole Foods in Buckhead. The salad bar was calling my name, so I got a mix between romaine and spinach and added grilled asparagus, grilled zucchini, edamame and brown rice salad, cucumber and tomato salad, pumpkin seeds, sun dried tomatoes, and for protein-I snagged some lemon pepper swordfish from the hot bar. I've been hearing a lot about no oil dressing lately, so I drizzled no oil balsamic vinaigrette on top.

I was really proud of myself for not stuffing my container to the max, like I usually do.

It was such a delicious salad and the swordfish was soooo good (usually not my favorite fish)! I also tried my first Kombucha. I got the Synergy Passionberry Bliss, and now I can see why these are all the rage!

Healthy and happy.

After lunch, I met Callie at World Market. I love that store. I bought Pumpkin Spice Coffee and couldn't resist the dark chocolate-I got a Vosges Black Salt Caramel Bar. I also swung by Trader Joe's to pick up that delicious Almond Butter with Sea Salt that I've had with breakfast the past two days. I finished up my day by printing off more journal articles for the next module in my adult weight management certification at Kinko's and reading them at REV Coffee. Such a cool, eclectic crowd, and they play the best music! I ordered a hot Pomegranate Green Tea to sip while I read my articles. I also munched on a Fuji apple at some point in the afternoon.

After MA got off work, we went to dinner at Big Chow Grill, a create your own stir fry restaurant. I love this whole concept-it's so fun! I filled my bowl with brown rice and a ton of veggies-broccoli, bok choy, cabbage, bean sprouts, sugar snap peas, carrots, squash, zucchini, baby corn, black beans, and bell peppers. Sauces included some kind of mix of lime ginger and sesame ginger (can't remember the exact names), and everything was seasoned with lime and sesame seeds. And for the protein bowl, I decided on tilapia. I really wanted the tuna, but I'd already eaten swordfish earlier in the day. They both have a really high mercury content. It probably would have been ok, but I decided to play it safe and go with the milder fish. Anyway, it was delicious and satisfying, and I could probably eat stir fry every single night for dinner.

Yum.

The stir fry is also included with grilled roti bread, which is one of the best things in the world. 

After dinner. we went and saw Contagion.It was really interesting and definitely had me on the edge of my seat the entire time.  It was a really good movie, but let's just say I'm an even more paranoid germaphobe now! 

Here's the one picture I actually took this weekend:


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment