Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Lake Weekend

Hey everyone! Hope your Labor Day weekend was as relaxing as mine. Even though it rained pretty much all weekend, I still had such a fun time! My weekend was filled with boat rides, sunbathing (well, at least one day), swimming, playing Apples to Apples (I'm a champ at this game!), sleeping in the most comfortable bed ever, and reading. It's a tough life, right? I finished The Paris Wife and started the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo. The first two chapters were really slow for me, but now I can't put it down-it's getting so good! Oh, and of course, I ate a lot of really delicious food.



Greetings from Lake Martin!

Sunsets on the lake are pretty.

My dog, Angel likes to play in the water too! Isn't she adorable?


Breakfasts:


Favorite cereal combo: Kashi Heart to Heart Warm Cinnamon and Quaker Oatmeal Squares, skim milk, sliced banana, and strawberries.

Comforting oatmeal. 1/2 C oats prepped with water and skim milk stirred in at the end. Toppings included sliced banana, dried cranberries, and Smart Balance Crunchy PB. I even threw in a handful of Barbara's PB and Chocolate Squares-it was a nice addition!

Lunches:


Spring mix with tomato, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, leftover BBQ chicken, and Annie's Balsamic Vinaigrette with half of a baked sweet potato on the side.


Salad sampler plate featuring Zoe's Chicken Salad and Potato Salad, spinach artichoke dip, fruit, and a deviled egg.


We decided to try out a restaurant called SpringHouse for Sunday Brunch.


It had such a pretty view!


I kind of felt like I was in a different state! Northern California, maybe?


I loved the interior of the restaurant. I felt like I was in a beautiful farmhouse on the French countryside.


Laura came to visit for a night! Here we are at lunch...looking a little rough.


To eat, I ordered the flatbread of the day, which came with some kind of speciality cheese (forgot the name), caramelized onions, arugula, and Italian sausage.

Snack foods:


Apples and bananas are a must. Large quantities of watermelon was also consumed.

Dinners:


Hamburger topped with swiss, Tostito's Scoops with spinach artichoke dip, and fruit.


Grilled BBQ chicken with steamed broccoli and half a baked sweet potato.


Grilled Greek Chicken topped with mushrooms, corn on the cob, roasted red potatoes, sweet potato rounds, Brussels sprouts, and watermelon. All washed down with a glass of Chardonnay.


Grilled salmon and shrimp, creamy parmesan couscous (tasted like risotto!), and steamed asparagus. Delicious!

And for desserts:

Edgar's cheese straws and cookies. Oatmeal Chocolate Chip was my favorite. Always.

Edgar's Strawberry Cake. Yummmm. Love the icing!

I'll probably head back to Birmingham sometime after lunch-back to the real world!

1 comment:

  1. All of your food looks so yummy! A friend brought Edgar's Strawberry Cake to her birthday dinner a couple of years ago. I had forgotten about it till I saw your picture. It was one of the best strawberry cakes I have had!

    ReplyDelete