Pages

Sunday, September 11, 2011

TAP

Yesterday I did a quick workout on the elliptical and then headed to REV Coffee to read some journal articles about the obesity epidemic, weight loss, and weight management.

I love cool coffee shops.

I got a coffee and a slice of the Spinach Florentine Quiche. The guy at the counter told me it was amazing, and he was right!

When I finished, I headed to Whole Foods to visit MA at work!


MA had just finished up her cooking demo. Isn't she cute?

She made a Lentil Red Pepper Salad.

I got to try the very last sample!

While I was there, I couldn't pass up an opportunity to hit up the juice bar!

I ordered one of the featured juices, Merchant's Walk the Talk-beets, apples, lemon, kale, carrots. Sooooo good!!!

I spent the rest of the afternoon at Barnes & Noble reading a book called Clean. I'm thinking about doing a 21 day detox diet just to cleanse my system, so I'm reading this book to find out more about it. I like the concept of the detox but may modify it a bit, because I think parts of it are a little extreme. Just a note: I am not following the detox this weekend! At all.

We ate a late dinner at TAP, a gastropub in Midtown. It was such a neat restaurant! We sat outside, and the weather was perfect. It was almost a little chilly! The menu was really cool, and it had a lot of vegetarian/vegan and just healthy options. I ordered the Black Bean Burger and a side of the warmed potato salad, which was a vegan option. I liked that it was a German style potato salad made with Dijon mustard. I almost ordered the sweet quinoa as a side, but the waitress insisted that I go with the potato salad.The burger was topped with Gruyere cheese, avocado, pickled radish, lettuce, and sprouts. I've been wanting a black bean burger for awhile now, and this definitely fulfilled my craving!


We also split the Beer Tart for dessert-it sounded too intriguing to not try! It was a pastry filled with custard (and I guess beer?) and was topped with cappuccino ice cream. It had a very subtle flavor, and I really liked it!


After dinner, we went home and enjoyed a Dogfish Head Punkin Ale.

Went for a walk this morning and just finished making peanut butter pancakes! Hope you have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment