Pages

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Glee is back!

Today was a yucky, rainy day. The season premiere of Glee was the only thing getting me through! I went over to a friend's house to watch Glee with a few friends. Watching TV is always fun with other people. It was fun seeing Lindsey from The Glee Project on the show!! Can't wait until Damian and Samuel make an appearance! Those kids are just so amazingly talented. I've always wished singing was a talent I possessed.

Speaking of the Glee Project, go check out this video asap. And this one (one of my fav Snow Patrol songs!). While you're at it, check out all of his videos!

 Cameron was named fan favorite of the show. He actually eliminated himself from the competition (although, the producers begged him to stay), and I just think he is phenomenal.

So anyway, here I am.

This is a picture of me in my car. I've just never really been able to master the whole "take a picture of myself in a full length mirror thing." I always feel really creepy and awkward, not that taking pictures of yourself in your car is any less creepy or awkward. It was a sweater and side ponytail kind of day.

Moving onto the important stuff, food....

Sunday lunch from FlatTop Grill. Can't get enough stir fry!
Brown rice, bok choy, spinach, broccoli, corn, edamame, mushrooms, squash, zucchini, snap peas, water chestnuts, chicken, a mix of Asian Sesame Ginger and Hot Red Chili sauce, and grilled roti flatbread. I swear this bread should be renamed "crack bread." It's addicting and keeps me coming back for more!

3/4 C Oatmeal Squares, 1/2 C skim milk, sliced banana, handful of Cinnamon Roast Almonds.

AB&J on Rudis 7 Grain with Flax (love this bread). Apple slices and Wallaby Maple yogurt on the side. Loved the maple flavor...so dessert like!

Whole wheat penne with squash, zucchini, heirloom cherry tomatoes, broccoli, red and green bell pepper, mushrooms, and sautéed shrimp tossed in pesto sauce and topped with goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes. My goals was to get less pasta than normal and load up on the veggies...success!! I had leftovers for dinner tonight too!

The beautiful pesto I got from the Pepper Place farmer's market on Saturday. Pepper Place is the big farmer's market in downtown Birmingham. I usually go to a smaller farmer's market closer to my house, so it was quite the treat to go to Pepper Place. It's huge and awesome, and I tried a lot of free samples. The squash, zucchini, and broccoli used in my pasta dish also came courtesy of the farmer's market.

Overnight oats make my mornings so easy!
1/3 C oats, 1/3 C Vanilla Chobani, 1/3 C skim milk, 1 T sunflower seed butter, blueberries, 1/2 Bartlett pear, cinnamon. Sunflower seed butter works so well in overnight oats, maybe even more so than almond butter?

Other things not pictured: lots of Cinnamon Roast almonds, a veggie goat cheese scramble, cantaloupe and honeydew, Greek yogurt with chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, and agave, Fuji apples, Dove dark chocolates with almonds, Clif Mojo Bars, etc.

Hope you have a great night! If not, the season premiere of Modern Family comes on tomorrow night, so that is sure to make up for it! 

1 comment:

  1. I wish there were more hours in the day! Or that I had less homework... because I really wanted to watch Glee and I wish I had time to watch Modern Family too! I've heard it's great. You look so pretty in your car- love the long hair!

    ReplyDelete