Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Power Outage

What do you do when your power goes out for over 24 hours?

1. You read The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by candlelight, and consequently freak yourself out and have to sleep with a lantern by your bedside (the raping and murdering of women is included in the plot line). Such a good book though-I read close to 450 pages in one day! #hurricaneproblems

2. You go to bed superrrrrr early, because there's nothing else to do.

3. You take a shower in the dark and accidentally mistake conditioner for shampoo. And you spend all day looking like you get dressed in the dark. Oh wait, you did!

4. You get stuck in traffic for over 2 hours trying to make it to work. 280, you are not my friend.

5. You eat every single meal out, including breakfast.

Part one of breakfast-a Gala apple.


O'Henry's saved my morning and my mood with delicious hot coffee and a lemon poppyseed muffin.

6. You eat lunch at Panera, because the new cold front and fall-like weather (which I happen to adore) has made you crave soup and you need an internet connection stat.

Lemon Chicken Orzo Soup and a whole grain baguette hit the spot. 

7. You spend time working at awesome local coffee shops.

Church Street Coffee & Books is a new favorite. Cool place, huh?

8. You meet your friends for dinner at new restaurants. We went to FlatTop Grill, which is a create your own stir fry restaurant!

I filled my bowl with brown rice, bok choy, broccoli, carrots, zucchini, squash, sweet potatoes, mushrooms, edamame, chicken and a mixture of teriyaki sauce, Korean BBQ sauce, and some other sauce-ginger something? It was delicious!

9. You go home at 8:30 PM fully expecting your power to be back on and when it isn't, you go to Starbucks (with everyone else who still doesn't have power) to watch Bachelor Pad on Hulu. Normally, I would have felt kind of dumb for doing this, but everyone around me was also catching up on their TV shows!

10. You're very excited when the power does finally come back on at 11:45 PM the next night and send God a thankful prayer that you weren't alive during the pioneer days.

1 comment:

  1. I had Panera today for the first time in a while. It was good. I had the Bacon Turkey Bravo minus the bacon and Gouda half for lunch and half for dinner. My power luckily did not go off just flickered a few times.

    ReplyDelete