Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Dekalb Market

Hello!

I ended up staying an extra night in Atlanta, because MA had today off, and I didn't have anything that I absolutely had to be back for today. We decided to start our morning off right by heading to Nectar, an organic juice bar in Decatur for breakfast. I love fresh juices, and I really do feel more energized after drinking them!

It was a neat place. I think it would be fun to go back for lunch.

I ordered the 5 a day juice, which consisted of apples, beets, carrots, greens, cucumbers, and lemon. To be honest, this juice was a bit blander than other juices I've had. I'm thinking cucumber might be the culprit, making the juice more watery than usual?

Next, we headed over to the Dekalb Market. Go check out the website-it's a freakin' awesome place! It's basically a huge Farmer's Market located in a warehouse, and it's open every day. 

Every kind of food imaginable is located in there. While I walked around, I enjoyed a 2/3 decaf 1/3 regular coffee. 

So much delicious bread.

And a million different types of granola.

There were so many fruits and veggies that I'd never even heard of before!

This isn't a good picture, but basically I bought amaranth, coffee extract, cocoa nibs, Aviva Chai Tea, Hearty Barley Lentil Soup, and a bottle of Gamekeeper's Reserve Chenin Blanc. I also hit up the bread aisle later and picked up a focaccia with tomato and onions for my parents and some bran muffins.

When we left Dekalb Market, it was lunchtime, and we were conveniently located about 10 minutes from YEAH! Burger. We discovered this place earlier this summer, and I'd have to say it makes the list of my top 5 favorite restaurants. That's kind of a big deal.

When I walked into YEAH! Burger, Pumped Up Kicks by Foster the People was playing, and I was instantly happy. YEAH! Burger is glorious and magnificent. It's one of my happy places. I'm not really sure what that says about me.

I got a turkey burger without the bun and added lettuce, tomato, grilled vidalia onions, sautéed shrooms, sliced avocado, and sunflower pesto.

I couldn't resist the sweet potato wedges-they are absolutely to die for. And it's not every day that I get to these little nuggets of heaven.

Bliss. Sheer bliss.

Last time we were there, we noticed the cute t-shirts for sale and kind of joked about buying one. Well today, WE DID, and I am now the proud owner of a YEAH! Burger tee.

Keepin' it real, yo. It has a cute little YEAH! Burger logo on the back!

When I got home, I went on a long evening walk, and it felt incredible outside. Then I got to work on my dinner. 

Quinoa mixed with tomato sauce and sautéed spinach and topped it with toasted pine nuts and sun dried tomatoes.

I just made up this recipe on a whim, using ingredients I had at home. Would make this again for sure! 

Now I'm watching the finale of Bachelor Pad and enjoying my dessert of almond butter mousse-Vanilla Chobani Greek yogurt mixed with Trader Joe's Creamy Almond Butter with Sea Salt. After I mixed it together, I let it sit in the refrigerator for about 30 minutes to give it a really nice texture. Sooooo good!!!


I had such a fun time in Atlanta, but it's good to be back home and get on my regular schedule. I'm already planning my next trip to Atlanta though!

1 comment:

  1. I am going to Atlanta in October so I hope the Dekalb Market is on the way or close to my friends house. I really want to go! It looks really neat.

    ReplyDelete