Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Boston Memories

I woke up this morning and ate half of a banana before going on a run around campus. I mapped my run, and it came out to be about 3.5 miles. I ate a bowl of 1 C Barbara's PB Puffins and 1/2 C skim milk topped with the rest of my banana.


After class, I met my mom and grandmother for lunch at FIG, a "girly" lunch spot featuring salads, sandwiches, and soup. My breakfast wasn't very filling this morning (I usually like to add healthy fats/protein), so I was more than ready for lunch. I usually order the goat cheese salad when I go, but I was in the mood for a sandwich today. We all shared the sweet potato fries as an appetizer. They are so good and come with an awesome Asian dipping sauce. I ordered the Rio Wrap, filled with chicken, lettuce, tomato, avocado, cashews, and Thai mayo. It usually comes on a tomato wrap, but they were out today. It came with a big plate of roasted vegetables that I substituted as the side.




I went shopping with my mom after lunch. She even brought my dog, Angel!

She doesn't like pictures very much.

I saw the new Liam Neeson movie, the Unknown with Mary Alice later this afternoon (check out her blog!) It was action-packed, suspenseful, and it makes you think. I highly recommend it! After the movie, we met up with another friend and went to dinner at Mellow Mushroom. I ordered the House Calzone (filled with spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, and mozzarella cheese) and added roasted red peppers and pesto. It was huge, and I definitely could have split it! I ate half and boxed up the rest to eat for lunch tomorrow. I still managed to eat a few squares of Chocolove dark chocolate for dessert.


In November, I went to Boston with six other nutrition majors for the American Dietetic Association's annual conference. It was one of the best trips I have ever taken, and has been the highlight of school year so far! One of the many reasons I love my major is the close friendships I have formed with the girls in my classes. It's a relatively small major, and we've basically had the same class schedule since the beginning of junior year. Not only did I enjoy getting to spend time with these girls, but I fell in love with the city of Boston. It's historical, clean, has amazing restaurants and night life, and everyone I met was friendly! We are having a Boston reunion tomorrow night, so I thought I would share some pictures from the trip. 






Read Mary Alice's review of Sonsie, a hip restaurant that is the place to see and be seen. It was a meal to remember!

Visiting Tufts University!






Hope you all have a good night! TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment