Pages

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Peace, Love, and Pie

Last night's dinner was one of the best I've had in awhile! Dara was a fabulous host, and she is an excellent baker. 


 A spinach salad with strawberries, mandarin oranges, and balsamic vinaigrette to start + a few pita crackers.

Dara is hard at work!


Butternut Squash risotto garnished with a little sage.
Secret Ingredients=white wine, pancetta, and asiago cheese.


Look at all these desserts!
Red Velvet truffles and White Chocolate dipped Oreos! The truffles literally melted in my mouth.


This peanut butter pie is probably one of the best desserts I have ever put into my mouth! (And, that's sayin' something!) Dara even used natural peanut butter and 1/3 less fat cream cheese. We at least tried to be healthy, right?

Dessert Round 1

It was a fun night full of good food, fellowship, and laughter!

I woke up this morning and watched a podcast and caught up on my TV shows (Glee and Modern Family) while eating breakfast. Kashi Maple and Brown Sugar oatmeal, 1/2 C skim milk, 1/2 sliced banana, 1 T chia seeds, and a spoonful of Justin's Chocolate AB.


I did some laundry and re-heated my leftover calzone for lunch. I also ate a Honeycrisp apple.




I got an impromptu pedicure with Mary Alice and spent the rest of the evening at Panera Bread working on a project. I stopped for a dinner break and ordered a You Pick Two. I tried the new Thai Chicken Salad (I really liked the edamame) and Black Bean soup. 



I saw this on another blog and thought it was fun!


A. Age: 21
B. Bed size: I’m on the bottom of a twin-sized bunk bed in the sleeping porch of my sorority house. I miss my Queen-sized bed at home!
C. Chore you dislike: Unloading the dishwasher and folding clothes.
D. Dogs: A Golden Retriever named Angel.
E. Essential start to your day: Breakfast + Coffee.
F. Favorite color: Turquoise.
G. Gold or silver: Gold.
H. Height: 5’6
I. Instruments you play(ed): I played the saxophone in 5th and 6th grade. I wanted to be the next Kenny G.
J. Job title: Student at the University of Alabama. Hopefully, Registered Dietitian in the near future!
K. Kids: Someday!
L. Live: Tuscaloosa, AL (at the current moment)
M. Mom’s name: Gale.
N. Nicknames: I don’t really have any.
O. Overnight hospital stays: None.
P. Pet peeves: Slow walkers, sitting in traffic, and waiting in lines. Guess I’m not very patient.
Q. Quote from a movie: “So many out-of-the-way things had happened lately, that Alice had begun to believe that very few things indeed were really impossible.” 
–Alice in Wonderland
R. Righty or lefty: Righty.
S. Siblings: I have a younger brother named Andrew. He’s a sophomore at Auburn University.
T. Time you wake up: 8:00 AM on Mondays and Wednesdays. 7:00 AM on Tuesdays and Thursdays. And, I don’t really have a set time on the weekends.
U. Underwear: Hanky Pankys are my favorite!
V. Vegetables you don’t like: Despite my Southern upbringing, I really don’t like collard greens or turnip greens.
W. What makes you run late: When I’m feeling rushed, and I forget something.
X. X-rays you’ve had: Just of my teeth at the dentist.
Y. Yummy food you make: Pumpkin Cream Cheese bars. I make them every Thanksgiving!
Z. Zoo animal favorites: Panda bears.

Hope you all have a good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment