Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Bachelor Mondays

Do you ever have days where absolutely nothing exciting happens? I felt like my day was pretty routine and uneventful.

Breakfast was strawberry Oikos Greek yogurt, Quaker Oatmeal Squares, a sliced banana, and crunchy Barney Butter.  And of course, I stopped for coffee on the way to class.


I had class all morning and came back for lunch at the sorority house. Salad bar with a large scoop of chicken salad on top. Toppings included tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, golden raisins, sunflower seeds, and celery. And a Kashi Cherry Dark Chocolate Bar.


I really wish I could be more creative with my meals, but I do the best I can with the resources I have. There are so many recipes I want to try, but I guess I'll just have to wait until I have a kitchen again:)

After my last class of the day, I walked to Pita Pit for dinner, because I didn't want what we were having at the house ("Veggie Night" aka mac 'n cheese, mashed potatoes, fried okra, black-eyed peas, and cornbread). I got a grilled chicken pita stuffed full with veggies (romaine lettuce, spinach, tomatoes, cucumbers, mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, sprouts). It also had swiss cheese and taziki sauce. I even had the option to put it on a whole wheat pita! I had a Honeycrisp apple on the side.


Dessert was my own take on a S'more. A graham cracker spread with crunchy Barney Butter and Iz granola sprinkled on top. And a few squares of Exploding Coconuts Fearless Chocolate. I really liked it!


Right now I'm watching The Bachelor (highlight of my day) and drinking Stash Peppermint Caffeine-Free tea. Anyone else want to go on an elephant ride in South Africa?

I'm already ready for the weekend, because I am going to Mobile for Mardi Gras with Callie, Mary Alice, Dara and Jody! I only have two tests separating me from this weekend AND Spring Break!

Fun Fact: Mardi Gras actually originated in Mobile, not New Orleans!

1 comment:

  1. Woohooooo love the fun fact!!! And can't wait for this weekend!! How was the s'more??

    ReplyDelete