Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Sunshine & Smoothies

Today was the morning of the Tuscaloosa Dietetic Association's 4th annual 5K run/walk. I have participated in the run since my freshman year. It's exciting to see how much it has grown over the past 4 years. The first race only had 70 participants, and there were close to 300 this year!

I ate a banana spread with crunchy Barney Butter as pre-race fuel. I think the word "race" automatically attaches a connotation associated with pressure. Even though it was just a 5K, I was a little nervous, but I decided to treat it as a normal run. I was happy with the outcome and felt so accomplished that I had already ran 3.2 miles before most people had gotten out of bed! Refreshments were provided after the run, so I helped myself to two mini muffins (one bran and one blueberry) and two cups of coffee.


I was craving something cold and refreshing for lunch, so I walked to Smoothie King and ordered the Angel Food smoothie (strawberries, bananas, soy protein, skim milk, and vanilla). I left out the turbinado and honey. I drank my smoothie and layed out on Alpha Chi's sun porch, while listening to Jack Johnson. It was bliss.

Lunch #1


I went on another 3 mile run to get in some more mileage for the day. I came back and made a bowl of oatmeal, consisting of Kashi Maple and Brown Sugar oatmeal, 1/2 C skim milk, 1 T chia seeds, Iz granola, and a handful of almonds and dried cranberries. And veggies + dip.

Lunch #2



I've been working on a project, and just had a wonderful phone date with Laura

Later, I'm going to Dara's house for dinner/Boston reunion!

On the menu: butternut squash risotto, spinach salad, peanut butter pie, red velvet truffles, and wine. 
My mouth is already watering!

2 comments:

  1. Haha sounds like a great day- two runs and two lunches! I wish there was enough time for that every day. Have fun at dinner- that sounds delicious! Good risotto is pretty much the best thing ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed our phone conversation too!! I cannot wait to hear about your dinner last night!

    ReplyDelete