Pages

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Taste of Thailand

Even though my 8 AM class was cancelled this morning (I seem to be having good luck with that this week), I still woke up at 7 and couldn't go back to sleep. I watched last night's episode of Modern Family, while eating breakfast this morning. I think Phil and Cameron are my favorite characters, but it's hard to decide because they are all so funny in their own way. Today's breakfast was 3/4 C Kashi Heart to Heart Honey Toasted cereal, 1/4 C granola, 1/2 C skim milk, and 1/2 of a sliced banana.



Lunch today was fabulous! I made a chicken salad salad topped with diced tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, broccoli, dried cranberries, walnuts, and balsamic vinaigrette dressing. Alpha Chi really does have a great salad bar!  I also had half of a croissant on the side.


I went to the Rec this afternoon and ran for 45 minutes around the indoor track. I made sure to spend some extra time stretching today.  I've discovered that I prefer to run without an ipod. However, I can't imagine doing the elliptical or another machine without listening to music. I ran some errands and picked up the grocery essentials of sorority house life: bananas, apples (I got Honeycrisp this time), Vanilla Chobani Greek yogurt (Target didn't have Oikos), baby carrots, and Sabra Roasted Garlic hummus. I also worked on another group project at the library (story of my life), worked on graduate school applications, and did some laundry and cleaning (it's amazing how fast my cubicle-sized room gets messy).

Afternoon snack # 1


Coffee and Honey Oikos Greek Yogurt. I got hungry again when I got back from Target and ate a Honeycrisp apple.

I went to dinner tonight at Ruan Thai with my other adventurous eating buddies, Mary Alice and Jody.  This restaurant was actually #1 on my list of restaurants to eat at before I graduate, and it did not disappoint! I ordered a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon to start. I ordered the Pad Peow Whan, which is sautéed bell peppers, tomatoes, and pineapple in a sweet and sour sauce. I added grilled shrimp, and it came with a side of rice. I already want to go back!





After dinner, we went to The Alcove, a quaint smoke-free bar that is known for its amazing craft beer selection. I love this place! I was in the mood to try a new beer, so I asked for a recommendation. I tried a beer called Blonde Bombshell Ale. I really enjoyed it. Very smooth and not too heavy. It was a fun night filled with good conversation!



My weekend will be spent at an RD Exam review session (8-5 Friday, 8-5 Saturday, and 8-3:30 Sunday). It's going to be a long day tomorrow, so I'm about to call it a night!





3 comments:

  1. That dinner really did look delicious! When I come visit, we will have to go there. I am going to be home this weekend, and I will be thinking about you:) Talk to you soon... Maybe on the drive back?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thai food is so good! There's only a few restaurants I know of in Memphis, but in Paris there was tons. One was just around the corner from my apartment and I used to eat there all the time. I love the flavor in roasted garlic hummus too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout out! I want to go back to Ruan Thai for more than one reason!

    ReplyDelete