Pages

Friday, May 27, 2011

ABC's of Food

A: is for apple, what's your favorite variety?
Pink Lady, Honeycrisp, and Fuji. 
B: is for Bread, regardless of nutrition, calories, or whole grains what is your favorite type to have a nice big piece of?
Bottega's focaccia bread. I also really like warm pita bread (like the really buttery kind) or flatbread.
C: is for Cereal what is your favorite kind currently (just one!) Currently-
Sorry, I can't choose just one! I like to alternate between Quaker Oatmeal Squares, Barbara's Shredded Oats, and Barbara's PB Puffins.
D: is for Doughnuts, you might not currently be eating them but what kind do you fancy?
I actually don't really fancy doughnuts. They're easily something I could pass up, but I tend to go for just the plain glazed if I do have one. 
E: is for Eggs, how would you like yours prepared?
Scrambled or in an omelette loaded with veggies!
F: is for Fat Free, what is your favorite fat free product?
I like fat-free dairy products. Skim milk and 0% Greek yogurt.
G: is for Groceries, where do you purchase yours at?
Publix, Whole Foods, Fresh Market, and Target. I'd purchase them at Trader Joe's regularly if we had one in Birmingham!
H: is for Hot Beverages, what is your favorite hot drink?
Is that even a question? Coffee, duh! 
I: is for Ice Cream, pick a favorite flavor and add a fun topping.
I tend to like more vanilla based ice creams with lots of fun toppings! Reese's, oreos, granola, coconut, cookie dough, chocolate chips, almonds, etc.
J: is for Jams or Jellies, do you eat them, and if so what kind and flavor?
I'm liking Crofter's Raspberry Spread right now. I don't care how "little kiddish" they seem, PB&J's will have a special place in my heart forever:) I also really like strawberry, blackberry, and peach jams. I've never been much of a grape fan.
K: is for Kashi, name your favorite Kashi product?
Kashi Heart to Heart Honey Toasted cereal and Cinnamon Harvest cereal.
L: is for Lunch, what was yours today?
I haven't eaten lunch yet today, but I'm sure you'll see it later!
M: is for microwave, what is your favorite microwave meal/snack?
I usually just use the microwave to eat up leftovers. Sometimes sweet potatoes or frozen veggies.
N: is for nutrients, do you likes carbs, fats, or proteins best?
I like 'em all, but I guess I'd have to go with carbs. I'm a pizza and pasta girl!
O: is for oil, what kind do you like to use?
EVOO for cooking and bread dipping!
P: is for protein, how do you get yours?
Chicken, fish and shellfish, eggs, Greek yogurt, nuts and nut butters, beans, turkey and sometimes other meats.
Q: is for Quaker, how do you like your oats?
I love hot oats with a banana and nut butter!
R: is for roasting, what is your favorite thing to roast?
Vegetables-mostly sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, squash, and zucchini.
S: is for sandwich, what’s your favorite kind?
I'm usually drawn to sandwiches with the following ingredients: avocado, spinach, pesto, goat cheese, mozzarella, roasted red peppers, portabello mushrooms, sun dried tomatoes, eggplant, chicken, turkey. My favorite breads are a seedy whole grain or focaccia. Give me a sandwich with any combination of those ingredients, and I'm a pretty happy girl!
T: is for travel, how do you handle eating while traveling?
Eating at restaurants in different cities is one of my all-time favorite things to do! I eat locally and order each restaurant's speciality! I also like to order unusual (in a good way) foods or foods I don't typically eat on a normal basis. If the restaurant has "an award-winning something", you better believe I'm gonna try it. Sometimes it's healthy, sometimes it's not.
U: is for unique, what is one of your weirdest food combos?
It's not very weird here in the blog world, but my family and friends often give me strange looks for my Green Monster smoothies.
V: is for vitamins, what kind do you take?
Just a Women's One-A-Day Multivitamin. 
W: is for wasabi, yay or nay?
Mostly nay. It's ok in (very) small amounts with sushi, but I could do without.
X: is for XC Foodie, why is she so awesome? XRAY. if we xrayed your belly right now, what food would we see?
Breakfast:
Vanilla Oikos Greek yogurt, 1/3 C oats, 1/2 sliced banana, dried cherriesTJ's Sunflower Seed Butter.
Y: is for youth, what food reminds you of your childhood?
Chef Boyardee ABC's and 123's, Hotdog slices with "orange sauce" (ketchup and mustard mixed together), Watergate Salad ("green fluff" as I called it), and Mickey Mouse toast (white bread with a Mickey Mouse imprint toasted with butter and cinnamon and sugar on top). Clearly, I was a really healthy eater.
Z: is for zucchini, how do you prepare it?
Roasted, grilled, or sautéed.

I saw this survey on Clare's blog and thought it looked fun. Headed to Savannah for the day!

2 comments:

  1. would that pita bread be from big daddy's perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, you know me so well! I would kill for some Big Daddy's pita bread right now!

    ReplyDelete