Pages

Monday, May 9, 2011

Wild Blue

Happy Monday!

Breakfast:
1 C Barbara's Shredded Oats, 1/2 C skim milk, and a sliced banana.


Morning Workout: 
30 minutes on the elliptical, 15 minutes on the stair master, and 15 minutes on the bike. All while watching Dr. Oz! I ran into my friend Callie while I was at the gym, and she agreed to go to spin class and body pump with me soon!

Lunch:
When I got home from the gym, I was starvin-marvin'! Good thing lunch was exceptionally delicious today! I had a spinach salad topped with avocado, marcona almonds, goat cheese, and shrimp. I drizzed EVOO and balsamic vinegar on top after the picture was taken. I also had Super Fruits Oikos Greek yogurt with berries to finish off the meal. I sat outside on my screened-in porch, which made lunch even more enjoyable.



The rest of the afternoon was spent running errands. My family has requested me to plan nutritious meals and has deemed me "dietary manager" for the rest of the summer. I made a trip to Publix and Fresh Market and stocked up on lots of healthy foods!

Snack:

Peanut Butter Dark Chocolate KIND bar. I agree with you, Ann. This wasn't my favorite!

Dinner:
My mom made her famous turkey meatballs, and I made a big pan of roasted vegetables. We also had wheat yeast rolls from Fresh Market to go with our meal.

Roasted Vegetable Mix:
  • 1 sweet potato
  • 1 butternut squash
  • Brussels sprouts
  • 1/2 quartered onion
  • 2 red bell peppers
  • 1/4 C EVOO
  • 2 T Balsamic Vinegar
  • 1 T rosemary
  • 1 T Garden Gourmet Italian Herbs 
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Baked at 475º for 30 minutes.

Everyone really liked dinner! My brother even ate all of his vegetables (well, minus the red bell pepper).

After dinner, my mom and I went on a 3 mile walk. Now I'm kicking back with a Wild Blue, a blueberry lager that is quite refreshing and watching Date Night with my brother.


Quote of the Week:
"Every man dies, not every man really lives."
-Braveheart

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like such a fun night! Our families sound very similar. My sibling and I took a night walk yesterday too. It's so much more enjoyable when the sun's down and you don't get quite as hot. Oh and the KIND bar, yeah, the PB chocolate just doesn't stack up to the other flavors.

    ReplyDelete