Pages

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A New Day

So last night at about 10 PM, I was craving a...


salad??? Yeah, I'm a freak. I was actually craving squash, broccoli, and mushrooms but didn't feel like taking the time to prepare them. I just knew my body wanted veggies! My exciting late night salad was a spring mix topped with cucumbers, tomatoes, bell pepper, sunflower seeds, and Bolthouse Farms Honey Mustard Yogurt Dressing.

Breakfast was a "yogurt mess", consisting of a container of strawberry Oikos Greek yogurt, Quaker Oatmeal Squares, strawberries, blueberries, 1/2 sliced banana, and TJ's Sunflower Butter.


All mixed up!

I read Something Borrowed all morning in anticipation of the movie release on Friday! I actually read the book a few years ago, but I want it to be fresh on my mind.

Lunch was leftover broccoli and mushroom quiche from my parents' dinner last night. I also sautéed up some squash to fully satisfy my veggie craving! I finished off the meal with a dark chocolate covered pretzel.


The afternoon was spent unloading my car and unpacking my stuff. My room still looks like a disaster!

I also made homemade pita chips using my TJ's Whole Wheat Pita Bread! I sliced two pitas into wedges, drizzled with EVOO and Zoe's Greek Seasoning, and popped them into the oven for 7 minutes on 400º. They were the perfect afternoon snack and appetizer to my Mediterranean dinner! 


The finished product!

Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus was an excellent dip for my pita chips.

Dinner was Greek chicken served with onions, bell pepper, and tomatoes, roasted red potatoes, and balsamic green beans.  It was such a great home cooked meal!


Homemade coconut cake for dessert! I added some blueberries and strawberries after a few bites. My uncle gets the credit, not me!

After dinner, I went to the gym with my dad. I'm not sore anymore, and I was craving exercise. I still didn't want to do anything too strenuous, so I did a pretty easy workout of 45 minutes on the arc trainer and 15 on the bike.

I rented The Tourist from Redbox and am about to start watching it! Have a great night!



No comments:

Post a Comment