Pages

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Sea Island and Savannah Bound

I had a great time last night getting to catch up with five of my sorority sisters! I thought we were having a cookout, but Regan made us a healthy homemade meal instead. Even better! She's a nanny for a family in New York, and this is one of the dishes that she regularly makes for them. We had baked chicken stuffed with mozzarella, ricotta, and spinach. We had roasted squash and zucchini, spinach baked in marinara sauce, and whole wheat bread on the side. Delish. I can see why she makes such a great nanny! It was a great meal with great company.


I contributed to the meal by bringing Lemon Squares and Chocolate Cream Cheese Squares from Edgar's Bakery.


I made a little dessert sampler plate with strawberry shortcake, a lemon square, and a chocolate cream cheese square. Of course, I had to try everything!

After dinner, I met up Mary Alice, Jody, and a few others for a drink at Oak Hill Bar & Grill. MA was in town for a wedding, and I was happy to get to see her before she went back to Mobile!

Breakfast was a bowl of Oatmeal Squares and a handful of Barbara's PB Puffins with skim milk topped with 1/2 sliced banana, strawberries, blueberries, and a little drizzle of TJ's Sunflower Seed Butter.


I went to church this morning with my parents and went to lunch afterwards at Brio Tuscan Grille. I hate to be boring and order a salad every time, but they're just that good! I went with the Mediterranean Chicken Salad today.

I <3 Brio's bread + sun dried tomato olive oil.

Highlights included orzo, asparagus, roasted red peppers, fetapine nuts, roasted red pepperscapers, and crispy lavoush. Nothing boring about this salad!

This afternoon I walked to the gym from my house (it's that close! about 20 minutes) did 45 minutes on the arc trainer and walked back. I also did some ab stuff when I got home, studied for the RD exam, worked on job stuff, and snacked on some homemade trail mix.

Quaker Oatmeal Squares, cashews, dried cherries, and chocolate chips.

I'll be out of town all next week, so I wanted to make sure I used up lots of produce in dinner tonight. I had a Dr. Praeger's Veggie Burger served atop a bed of sweet potato rounds, red and yellow bell pepper slices, and avocado with ketchup drizzled on top.


I also sliced up some peaches and strawberries and coated them in a yogurt dip consisting of 0% Fage Plain Greek yogurt, brown sugar, and honey. While I roasted the sweet potatoes and bell peppers, I let the mixture sit in the refrigerator. It was so yummy. Talk about a refreshing summer dessert!
Afterthought: This would probably be really good with granola on top too!

I've got to get packing. I'm leaving tomorrow morning for a vacation to Sea Island and Savannah with my parents.


See ya there!

2 comments:

  1. Have fun on your trip! We used to go to Sea Island when I was little. I love it so much! And your dinner looks SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great trip! I will see you when you get back:) Oh, and I ate a peach from whole foods tonight- YUM!!

    ReplyDelete