Pages

Monday, May 16, 2011

Weekend at the Bay

Sorry for the lack of posts over the past couple of days, but I didn't have Internet access at the Bay. I have lots to catch you up on!

It was cold and dreary in Birmingham on Saturday morning, so I ate bowl of oatmeal to warm me up. Toppings included a sliced banana, Apple Walnut Delight Love Grown granola, chia seeds, and Justin's Maple AB. I was happy to escape the gloomy weather!

Jody and I met Mary Alice for lunch in downtown Fairhope. We ate at Panini Pete's and all ordered the most amazing turkey sandwich. It came on focaccia bread with mozzarella, roasted red peppers, baby greensdijon mustard, and garlic aioli. I chose black-eyed pea salad as my side item.

This was not your average turkey sandwich.

It even gets Guy Fieri's stamp of approval!

Jody and I on the boat. We went swimming at a spot called the Cold Hole, and I enjoyed an ice cold Stella Artois. We also had plenty of great snacks to munch on throughout the day, including watermelon and lime-flavored tortilla chips with peach salsa.


We watched the sun go down

The wine was flowin'

Dinner was a shrimp and tomato bake over fettucini with a side salad and French bread. Delicious!

MA's birthday is today, but we celebrated on Saturday with coffee ice cream cake topped with toasted almonds and dark chocolate sauce. It was heavenly!

After dinner, we all went out in downtown Fairhope. Good times were had!

Breakfast the next morning was 0% Fage Greek Yogurt with Kashi Cinnamon Harvest, sliced banana, and strawberries

Our friend Killette met up with us on Sunday, and we walked around the Grand Hotel in Point Clear

and saw the most amazing house ever!


We ate lunch in Fairhope at Mary Ann's. I ordered Regina's Salad, which came with grilled chicken, zucchini, squash, carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, and balsamic vinaigrette. After lunch, we layed out on the dock for the rest of the day and soaked up some sun.

These freshly caught crabs turned into a yummy appetizer of crab meat + crackers!

Dinner was Fresh Market's Chicken Pot Pie with a side salad and wheat yeast rolls. I went back for seconds on the CPP. Dessert was more ice cream cake! After dinner, we watched TV and called it an early night.

It was such a fun weekend, and I was sad to say goodbye!

Sorry that post was a little long-winded. I'll have to finish blogging about today later!






No comments:

Post a Comment