Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Whole Foods Obsession

It's good to be back home!

Here a few of my eats from yesterday:

Starbucks Perfect Oatmeal. I actually think they do a pretty good job with their oatmeal! I wished I'd had a banana and nut butter to go on top, but I'll take what I can.


Chick-fil-a Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich and apple. Chick-fil-a is my favorite fast food option when on the road!


When I got home, I needed some nutrients STAT. I made a Green Monster (well, it's actually kinda purple) made with 2 C spinach, a banana, blackberries, 1 T chia seeds, and 1 C unsweetened almond milk. I also headed straight to the gym after unpacking my stuff. With the combination of a little sweat and a smoothie, I instantly felt better!


I met some friends later at Surin West to celebrate Jody and Caroline's 22nd birthday! I ordered the Veggie Delight and added shrimp. The Veggie Delight is a Thai stir-fry consisting of broccoli, carrots, onion, baby corn, celery, green beans, cabbage, bean sprouts, and zucchini in a light Thai sauce. Delicious! Oh, how I love Thai food.


Afterwards, we walked to The J. Clyde, one of Birmingham's coolest bars. I had never been before and was in love from the moment I walked inside! It's like a bigger version of The Alcove. It has a tavern-esque ambiance with a chill, relaxing vibe, a young 20-something crowd, and an extensive beer menu. I ordered the Terrapin Sunray Wheat, which is brewed in Athens, GA. It was fruity, sweet, and made for a refreshing summer beverage. I thought it tasted like a strawberry banana smoothie!


Me and the birthday girl

Breakfast this morning was oatmeal made with 1/2 C oats and 1 C water. Toppings included 1/2 sliced bananablackberriesslivered almonds, and TJ's Sunflower Seed Butter.


My mom and I both had the same brilliant idea to eat lunch at Whole Foods today. Great minds think alike! I hit up the salad bar and filled up with lots of yummy stuff like sun dried tomato couscous, black bean and corn salad, grilled eggplant, beets, multigrain tabouli, broccoli crunch salad, and cranberry tuna salad


And a Vegan Almond Cookie. I've been wanting to try one forever, but every time I go to Whole Foods, they seem to be out. Couldn't let this opportunity pass me by! Whenever I purchase a cookie at Whole Foods, I'm somehow convinced they're healthy and low-cal. Probably not, but I'll let myself keep thinking that.


Every time I walk in Whole Foods, I feel like a little kid in a candy store. I could literally spend hours in there. Last summer when I interned in Chicago, there was a Whole Foods a few blocks away from where I lived, and I went on a triweekly basis (ok ok, some weeks it was a daily occurrence)! Of course I picked up some goodies today, but I'll talk about those tomorrow.

I'm blogging from Panera Bread right now and am spending the rest of the afternoon studying for the RD exam!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for convincing me to get Veggie Delight! It was definitely delicious. I'm going to work on finding Birmingham's version of Big Daddy's

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ate the Vegan ALmond cookie today too! (And I had the Ginger cookie later too:)) I am looking forward to dinner!

    ReplyDelete