Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Scenic Run

Had a great dinner last night at Big George's!

I started off at the salad bar and filled up my bowl with romaineshredded carrots, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, couscous, three bean salad, and lemon vinaigrette

I loaded up my plate with a tomato, black eyed pea, and okra ratatouille, grouper piccata, pork tenderloin, lobster mac 'n cheese, and a cheddar cornbread muffin. It was all great, but the lobster mac 'n cheese was out of this world!

I was too full to get a dessert of my own, but I did try a bite of my dad's chocolate whoopie pie and my mom's ice cream sundae.

After dinner, my mom and I went on a walk.


We watched the sun go down.

And saw this cute little guy!

I watched the American Idol (I must say I've stayed up to date on all my TV shows since I've been here) and read some more in Water for Elephants last night. I actually hadn't watched this season of American Idol until last night. I usually just tune in to the finale to see who the winner is. I thought Scotty and Lauren were both great, but I didn't have a preference either way as to who won.

Breakfast this morning was a bowl of Quaker Oatmeal Squares, skim milksliced banana, and blueberries.


After breakfast, I went for a run on the beach. I've always wanted to say that! There was only one other runner out there, so I felt like I had the whole beach to myself. It was so peaceful that I stopped for a minute at my turnaround point to stretch and take it all in. The sand was really hard and flat, which made it pretty easy to run on. However, I did have to dodge some jellyfish along the way! 

I have a spa appointment at 12 (!!!), so I just ate a snack/light lunch in the room to tide me over. I had a Chocolate Almond Fudge Clif Bar, a Pink Lady topped with Justin's Maple AB, and a few dates.


See ya later!


No comments:

Post a Comment