Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Overnight Oats

Breakfast this morning was overnight oats. I think this is the first time I've featured them on my blog, but they were my go-to breakfast at the beginning of the year when I was waking up at ungodly hours for my nutrition rotations. Overnight oats are essentially cold oats that sit overnight in the refrigerator. They are so easy and convenient when you don't really have time to think about making breakfast in the morning. It also has a thick and creamy texture that I really like.



Overnight Combo:
  • 1/3 C oats
  • 1/3 C 0% Plain Fage Greek Yogurt
  • 1/3 C skim milk
  • 1 T chia seeds
  • Spoonful of TJ's Sunflower Seed Butter
Mix all of these ingredients together the night before and let them sit overnight in the refrigerator. Feel free to add any toppings you like in the morning. Look on Kath's blog for more overnight oats variations.

Added in the Morning:
  • Splash of milk
  • 1/2 sliced banana
  • Cocoa Goodness Love Grown Granola
  • Cinnamon
I wanted to go to BodyPump this morning, but they didn't have a class until 5 PM. Instead I went to the gym and did 30 minutes on the arc trainer, 20 minutes on the stair master, and 12 on the bike. Later in the day I did some stretching and ab stuff with a ball.

My grandparents came up for lunch today, and we went to Area 41 Pizza. This is actually one of the restaurants in Birmingham that gets all of its produce from Jones Valley Urban Farm! I got the Panini Portabello with arugula salad. The sandwich also came on focaccia bread with roasted red peppers, spinach, mozzarella, and pesto. I loved it!


Before I headed downtown to help with an afternoon session of Seed 2 Plate, I ate a sliced Cripps Pink apple drizzled with TJ's Sunflower Butter and a few dried cherries.


I didn't take any pictures at Seed 2 Plate today, because it was the same as yesterday, and now you know what the farm looks like! I had an AWESOME dinner waiting for me when I got home. A fresh vegetable plate from Stones Throw Bar and Grill. All my favs, including sweet potato mash, baby carrots, garlic wilted spinach, and baby green beans. And two mini cornbread muffins on the side.

Lots of orange and green. Definitely got my fill of beta-carotene for the day!

Edy's Slow Churned Mint Chocolate Chip for dessert. There's just something about eating ice cream out of a mug that makes it more fun.

I'm meeting up with some friends later at Billy's Bar and Grill, and I have a breakfast date with Laura in the AM! Good night!


1 comment:

  1. Lots of good eats this day! I really want to check out Area 41 soon!

    ReplyDelete