Pages

Monday, May 23, 2011

Finally here!

7 1/2 hours later....

I read about half of Water for Elephants in the car. I usually get carsick reading in the car but not today!

I'm in Sea Island!!!



Oh my goodness. It is so beautiful here. Our condo is easily the nicest one I've ever stayed at in my life.

Bad News: I forgot my camera and am using my dad's, so the only pictures I'll be able to post are from my Blackberry. I'll make a picture post once I get back!

Once we arrived at Sea Island, we went to dinner at Big George's, one of the resort's restaurants. I ordered a glass of Pinot Grigio to start (it's vacation, right?) and the Baked Salmon served over vegetable ragout. This dish was on the menu's lighter fare section, which was designed by Sea Island's nutritionist and features local, seasonal vegetables. I stole a bite of my mom's snapper, which was also great!


Loved these little cheddar cornbread muffins!


After dinner, I got the full tour of Sea Island. We enjoyed dessert once we got back to our room. I had lots of leftover lemon and chocolate cheesecake squares from the other night.


I'm getting ready to watch the Bachelorette season premiere. Hope you have a great night!




No comments:

Post a Comment