Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Return of the Green Monster

Good afternoon!

Now that I have access to a blender again, I've re-introduced the Green Monster back into my life. They're packed with nutrients and work wonders for your skin!



Today's Mix:
  • 2 C spinach (Note: the smoothie doesn't actually taste like spinach)
  • 1 banana
  • Handful of strawberries
  • Handful of blueberries
  • 1 T chia seeds
  • 1 C skim milk
Toppings:
  • Kashi GoLean
  • Granola
After breakfast, I headed off to meet Callie at BodyPump.

Confession: I haven't lifted weights since, um, high school?

I really enjoyed the class and loved the instructor, even though I'm gonna be really really sore tomorrow.  After BodyPump, we stayed for a 15 minute ABSolutely class. I'm usually pretty good about doing cardio at least 5-6 x per week, but I hardly ever do any kind of strength training. Weight rooms are usually pretty intimidating, so this class was a perfect fit for me. I'll definitely be back!

I had a very well-rounded lunch today. I filled my plate with a little bit of everything! Fresh Market's rotisserie chicken salad over a bed of romaine, baby carrots, green grapes, whole wheat pita slices, and a banana oatmeal chip cookie. I hit almost all the major food groups!


I was feeling abnormally productive today, so I sat outside and studied all afternoon for the RD exam, while sipping a cup of coffee. I was feeling so productive that I tackled my least favorite part of nutrition-foodservice management. I went through practice tests and made note cards!

The setup


Why does studying always make me hungry?

Snack Break:

Strawberry Oikos Greek yogurt with strawberries, pineapple chunks, and slivered almonds


 I'm having dinner with Laura and Callie at Chez Lulu tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment