Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Seafood Crazed

We ate lunch today at the River Bar, another one of the resort's restaurants.

Our view from the restaurant.

My dad loved his White Bean and Collard Green Soup so much, he wanted me to show it on my blog!

I ordered the Fresh Catch, which was Cobia. It was served over panzanella with citrus vinaigrette. Panzanella is a Florentine salad of bread, tomatoes, and basil. All of the fresh flavors reminded me of the summer I spent in Florence!

We sat in the Solarium, the sun room, after lunch. The ambiance was complete with PARROTS!

I hit up the workout room after lunch. I did an hour on the arc trainer, while watching Sex and the City. Admittedly, one of my guilty pleasures-along with Glee, Emily Giffin novels, Disney movies/Disney World, TCBY Shivers, and anything chocolate and peanut butter.

The workout room was really nice.

I spent the rest of the afternoon lounging poolside and eating Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Ice Cream!



I DID manage to get a little studying in!

We ate dinner at The Oak Room at The Lodge at Sea Island, which is about a 10 minute drive from The Cloister. The restaurant is modeled after The Oak Room at the Plaza Hotel in NYC. It was lovely! We had a beautiful view overlooking the golf course. It's no secret that I love seafood, and I am going to try to incorporate it in some form at every meal I eat here. I have to take full advantage of it!

In the car on the way to dinner.

Loved the presentation of bread. You can see my parents' Vidalia Onion Soup in the background. I tried a bite and it was really good!

The bread came with a side of EVOO + black eyed pea hummus!

I started with an organic spinach salad that came with goat cheese, spiced pecans, cherry tomatoesvidalia onions, and sherry vinaigrette. LOVED this salad!

I ordered Shrimp and Grits for my entreƩ. It was fantastic!

After dinner, we sat outside and I enjoyed a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon,

 while listening to a bagpipe player! 

We made it back in time to catch the season finale of Glee! Have a great night:)





1 comment:

  1. Looks like such a fun day! I love family vacations. And cabernet :) have fun!

    ReplyDelete