Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Biking by the Beach

We bought a few grocery items yesterday, so I ate breakfast in the room today. I haven't been craving hot oats as much due to the weather getting hotter, but I still have to have my oats in some form or fashion. Overnight oats=perfect solution!

Strawberry Banana Overnight Oats eaten outside on the balcony.

Overnight Combo:
  •  Strawberry Oikos Greek Yogurt
  • 1/3 C oats
  • 1/3 C skim milk
  • 1 T chia seeds
  • Justin's Maple AB
  • 1/2 banana
  • Strawberries
Added in the Morning:
  • 1/2 sliced banana
  • Strawberries
After breakfast, my dad and I went on a morning Cloister Kitchen and Wine Cellar Tour. It was really interesting! One of the resort's restaurant, The Georgian Room, is one of only 23 five-star rated restaurants in the United States! While we were on the tour, we naturally got to sample some food.

Cracker + Brie with a raspberry on top

Oatmeal + Golden Raisin Cookie.
 I ate about half on the tour and saved the rest for an after lunch dessert.

We ate lunch today at the River Bar again.

I ordered the Crabsino Sandwich on toasted wheat bread with a side of grilled veggies. I thought this was going to be a crab cake sandwich of sorts, but it was actually more of a crabmeat salad sandwich. Still delicious!

My parents both ordered the Vegetable Flatbread. It came on Tandoori Naan with roasted garlic hummus and swiss cheese. Looked amazing!

After lunch, my mom and I went on a bike ride. It was so much fun!


We stopped for a second to admire the scenery.

Afternoon snackage.

After my bike ride, I went back to the pool to soak up some Vitamin D and study for the RD exam. I feel like I'm making progress and all my nutrition knowledge is coming back to me!

Off to Big George's for a seafood buffet dinner!


No comments:

Post a Comment