Pages

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Whiskey Kitchen

Yesterday we ate lunch at Fido. I ordered the Village Burrito, which was filled with baby spinach, portobello mushrooms, tomatoes, scrambled eggs, and feta. I wanted to order something I wouldn't typically order, and it hit the spot! Afterwards, we went shopping at what I now know is Hillsboro Village. I made the mistake of referring to it as "the Vanderbilt strip" when asking a couple for directions. They looked at me like I was crazy. Woops! Guess that's an Alabama thing!

I took off the sour cream and added organic ketchup to my potatoes.

I found a book of birthday and name fortunes in a store we went in. Here's what my birthday and name say about me:


I'll take it!

We were craving something sweet, so we found a French bakery called Provence Breads & Cafe. I got a Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookie and a coffee.


We also went to Trader Joe's yesterday! I didn't take a picture but I stocked up on high fiber cereal, Nature's Path Organic Flax Plus Multibran cereal, sunflower butter, Brazil nuts, and whole wheat pita bread.

One of Mary Alice's friends from high school who goes to Sewanee came into town last night and met us for dinner at Whiskey Kitchen. It was a very popular, trendy restaurant, and we waited for a table for over 2 1/2 hours! While we waited on the patio, we each selected a beer and ordered an appetizer of Tennessee Whiskey Yam Fries.



I chose a local beer called Yazoo Pale Ale.

These were so delicious!

Once we finally sat down to order, we split a bottle of Gnarly Head Red Zinfandel between the three of us. I ordered the Chicken Tacos for my main meal. They were good, but they definitely had a kick!



We were going to order dessert but nothing really stood out to us. Pinkberry was really calling our name, but by the time we finished dinner at 11 PM, we knew it would be closed. You can't ever really go wrong with a Toffee Coffee Twisted Frosty though!


We're probably going to Fido again for breakfast today and will be heading back to Tuscaloosa later this afternoon. Pinkberry may also be in the plans, since we weren't able to get it last night!

Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. I went to Provence when I was in Nashville last weekend too! And Hillsboro Village is where Eli and Sarah live. That's so perfect for you about your name- "good health" is definitely true! I can't believe how long you had to wait at Whiskey Kitchen. Glad you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stealing your pic for blogging purposes :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete