Pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Chocolate Bread Pudding

I had a lovely evening last night with Laura and Callie! We had a nice time sitting outside, and the food was pretty delicious too!

House salad with champagne shallot vinaigrette. The homemade croutons were so good. Chez Lulu has awesome bread!

Red Pepper and Zucchini Tarte. It's basically the same thing as a quiche, and is one of the specialties! It was also filled with squash, gruyére cheese, and parmesan. I liked that there wasn't TOO much crust.

 I passed on the wine and decided to splurge on dessert. There was no skipping it. I had Chocolate Bread Pudding with crème anglaise. This isn't something I would typically order, but boy was it good! It was warm and decadent. It was perfectly portioned too, and I didn't feel overly stuffed after eating it.


We were out of bananas this morning! I'm in such a habit of eating a banana in the AM that I was at a loss at what to eat for breakfast this morning. I ended up having a mix of 1/2 C Barbara's High Fiber Flax and Granola and 1/2 C Barbara's PB Puffins with 1/2 C skim milk topped with berries

I forgot how good PB Puffins are!

My arms are SO sore!!! That's a good thing though. I like sweating and being sore, because it means I'm doing a good job!

I met Callie, Amie, Lorianne, and Mary Ellen (Birmingham nutrition girls) at CPK for lunch today. It was pretty much a reunion of all the girls who went to Boston for the American Dietetic Association conference, except for Dara and Mary Alice. We missed y'all!

It's always a huge ordering debate for me at CPK, because their salads and pizzas are equally delicious. Salad and pizza happen to be two of my favorite foods, so it's always a tough choice. Pizza won today.

I got the White Pizza on honey wheat dough and added tomatoes. LOVE the wheat crust option! I ate 4 slices (which is like 2/3 of the pizza) and took the rest home. 

Stay tuned for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment