Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Random Musings

First of all, I loved The Tourist! And, I finished Something Borrowed. Everyone go read it before the movie comes out on Friday!

Breakfast was a veggie scramble with mushrooms, tomatoes, and goat cheese. I also had a slice of toasted Food For Life Sprouted 7 Grain Bread with Stonewall Kitchen Bellini Jam. I liked switching things up today, but I'll probably be back to my normal oatmeal, nut butter, and Greek yogurt inspired breakfasts tomorrow.


I ran errands all morning with my mom, and we ate lunch at Olexa's while we were out. I got the Almond Chicken Salad Special. The chicken salad was served over mixed greens and came with a side of fresh fruit and mini cranberry orange muffin. After lunch, we met my dad at the travel agency to discuss our upcoming trip to Paris and London. I'm getting so excited. There was talk of a Beatles tour today!


It was a pretty day and I was ready to get running again, so I went for a 3.5 mile run when I got home. Afternoon snack was a Fuji apple + Justin's Maple AB.


Dinner was my mom's lasagna with mixed greens. My mom makes really good lasagna, and I would like to point out that she used whole wheat noodles, lean ground beef, and reduced fat cheese. It's all about making simple changes. The little things add up!


You know I have to end my night on a sweet note, so I had a bowl of Edy's Slow Churned Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. I mixed in a few dark chocolate pretzels for some extra crunch. Yum! I forgot how good mint chocolate chip is!



Random Thoughts:
1) I've been thinking I need to give spin class another chance. I tried spin class once in high school and hated it. I've never been back, but everyone seems to love it. I also want to start incorporating new forms of exercise in my daily routine!

2) I'm also thinking I need to give Siggi's yogurt another chance. I wasn't a huge fan when I tried it earlier this year. This is a little surprising, because everyone seems to rave about it. I love thick Greek yogurt, but this was just a little too thick for me. I had Pomegranate & Passion Fruit. Maybe I just tried the wrong flavor?

3) I want to start doing more features on my blog. I'm thinking maybe a quote of the week, goal of the week, restaurant of the week, or nutrition topic of the week. Thoughts? Ideas? What do you want to see more of?

Time for Modern Family! Good night everyone.




2 comments:

  1. So weird! Literally this afternoon I was googling places to take spin classes for when I'm in Memphis this summer! And I can't WAIT to see pictures from London/Paris! Two of my favorite cities. Oh and the orange & ginger Siggi's is really good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We can go to a spin class together when I get back! I love spin. The Beatles?!?! Too cool!!

    ReplyDelete