Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Restaurant Repeats

If you ever have the chance to get a hot stones massage, DO IT! This was my first massage and probably my last for a reallyyyy long time, but it was pretty phenomenal! I practically fell asleep as I was getting this massage (pretty sure I woke up drooling). After I got done with the spa, I was pretty famished, so I made myself these snacks:

Vanilla Oikos Greek yogurt sprinkled with Blackberry Farms Maple Walnut Delight granola and blueberries.

Watermelon.

While I was eating a measly Clif Bar and apple for lunch, my parents were eating this:

Arugula salad with blackberries, strawberries and feta.

They split a cheeseburger and fries along with their salad.

Now how is that fair?! They said they had to order this when I wasn't around, but I like cheeseburgers every now and then too! My dad said this was on his top 3 list of best cheeseburgers he's ever had, so he had to snap a shot of it.

I went back to the pool in the afternoon (of course) and studied some more for the RD exam. I have a newfound appreciation for food science. I never found much use for it in college (Memorizing cuts of meat and different moisture contents of cheese? Not high on my priority list at the time.), but all the cooking info is actually pretty interesting!

We went back to dinner at The Oak Room. We sat at the same table, had the same waitress, and I ordered the same spinach salad. I don't really like to repeat things at restaurants, but I have this thing for salads with goat cheese and pecans. The waitress remembered that we were the family who was kinda obsessed with the black eyed pea hummus and likes extra lemons with their water.

On the way to dinner.

Our pretty view of the golf course.

Black eyed pea hummus. Mmmm!

Spinach salad awesomeness.

I did order a different entreé! Crab Cakes with apple jicama slaw and red pepper purée. Crab cakes are up there on my favorite foods list.

After dinner, we drove around St. Simon's Island. There were so many cute local restaurants I wish we'd known about earlier. Not that I'm complaining, I've loved everything I've eaten here. Too much food, so little time. I was craving something sweet, so when I spotted a TCBY, I pretty much made my dad pull over the car.

Classic combination of white chocolate mousse and peanut butter yogurt topped with chocolate chips.

Tomorrow morning we're going to Savannah and eating dinner at Paula Deen's restaurant!

Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment