Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Monster Burgers

Happy Memorial Day!

As I was leaving Panera Bread last night, I decided to grab an early dinner to go. I wasn't really that hungry, so I just got a cup of the Vegetable Soup with a whole grain baguette.


After I ate, I went to church with my parents and then went on a walk around my neighborhood when I got home. Later in the night, I made myself this snack:

Super Fruits Oikos Greek yogurt with blueberriesblackberries, and granola. I added a drizzle of TJ's SSB after I took the picture.

Breakfast this morning was The Fitnessista's Breakfast Cookie. I prepped the night before using 1/3 C oats, 1 T PB & Co Cinnamon Raisin Swirl, 1/8 C unsweetened vanilla almond milk, and 1/2 mashed banana and let it sit in the refrigerator over night. I added the other half of my banana on top in the morning. I loved the texture and will definitely make it again adding some different mix-ins (I'm thinking pumpkin and chocolate chips!). I'm a big fan of breakfast already being made when I wake up!


My AM coffee was made using the new coffee I got in Savannah from the Savannah Bee Company. We went a little crazy in this store! I also added a little drizzle of tea honey, which is said to be excellent in coffee as well.





This morning I had the urge to bake a nutritious and delicious cookie with a taste that I could get as excited about as the health benefits. I keep reading about these Super Charge Me Cookies, which look awesome. And after reviewing the ingredient list, I thought these just might be the cookies to get the job done! I was right-this recipe is a WINNER! I'm still not sure I totally have the rest of my family convinced, but as long as you take it for what it is and expect it to taste "healthy" (these are no Paula Deen cookies), you'll love them! 


Lunch today was a Scrambled Egg and Avocado Wrap. I made it on a Flat Out Multigrain with Flax Wrap and added goat cheese and diced tomatoes. I had a mix of pineapple, strawberries, and blackberries on the side. Avocado + eggs= delicious!


I went to the gym later for an afternoon workout. I am bound and determined to wake up early enough tomorrow to beat the heat and go for a run! 

Snack was an orange with Greek yogurt dip (0% Fage, brown sugar, honey, cinnamon).


Our Memorial Day dinner menu included "healthified" burgers and fries! Turkey burgers on whole wheat buns topped with swiss cheese with baked sweet potato fries on the side. My mom made the burgers, while I handled the sweet tater fries. I made a monster burger loaded up with lots of good toppings like lettuce, tomatosautéed onions and peppers, portabello mushrooms, and avocado. Of course, lots of ketchup was involved! The burgers were ready before the fries, so I ate my meal in two parts.



It was an excellent dinner!

Bachelorette time-my Mondays are complete again!

No comments:

Post a Comment