Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Cornbread Confusion

You probably wouldn't expect it, but Tuscaloosa has its fair share of excellent fine dining options. Dinner was fantastic! The menu looked a little different than the one I found online, so I changed my order just a little. I started off with a glass of a French Bordeaux. There were so many things I wanted to order, I ended up ordering three appetizers! It still cost less than one of the entrees though. My first course was Mushroom Macaroni and Cheese. Buttery and delicious! Sometimes you just gotta go with your cravings, ya know? My second course was a spinach salad with goat cheese, strawberries, pecans, and bacon. I asked for my crab cakes (third appetizer) to be served over my salad. Evangeline's is famous for their crab cakes, and they were even featured in Southern Living. What a great meal! So many of my favorite foods all together at once!

When I received my Mushroom Macaroni and Cheese, I didn't recognize it and thought they had brought me cornbread! So funny!


The moms

The dads

The parents


The cocktail party was also fun, and there was a great Motown band. It was a good night, and I'm glad my parents got to come down!

Enjoy the rest of your Saturday night!

No comments:

Post a Comment