Pages

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Pita Pizzas

I knew today was going to be busy, so I worked out after I ate breakfast. For some reason, this always makes my mornings seem rushed and stressful. I woke up at 5 or 6 AM every day last semester for my nutrition rotations, so I don't know why I suddenly think it's so hard to get to the gym by 8. I only had time for a 45 minute session on the arc trainer before I had to leave for class. Parking is a long process on UA's campus. Definitely will not miss it!

Breakfast was Quaker Maple and Brown Sugar instant oats prepped with water and topped with a sliced banana and spoonful of TJ's Valencia PB with Flaxseed.


We had pita pizzas for lunch today, my favorite meal at the sorority house EVER! I filled my plate with a slice of each: spinach and tomato, sun dried tomato and bacon, chicken spinach and artichoke, and hawaiian with chicken pineapple and tomato. My favorite was the one with spinach and tomato!


Today is the 2nd annual Sustainability Day at the University of Alabama. I helped out by working at a table on the Quad. We gave out free snow cones to people who answered questions about sustainability on UA's campus. The snow cones were lime-flavored (go green!) and were a huge success!

Interesting Facts I learned:
1) The Crimson Ride uses biodiesel.
2) UA received a B+ on the sustainability report card this year. In 2010, they received a B- and in 2007, a D! Progress, people!
3) UA offers a sustainability package that can be added onto your meal plan for $25. This package includes a recyclable to-go box, a reusable coffee mug, and an organic t-shirt. In addition, 5 lbs. of food will be donated from Bama Dining to the West Alabama Food Bank and a tree will be planted under your name.
4) UA has a bicycle rental program, where you can rent a bike for only $10/yr!
5) You can buy a reusable coffee mug at any of the Bama dining locations. It normally costs $9 but will only be $5 this week (April 18-22). It only costs 55 cents for each additional refill!

I ate a green apple from the fruit bowl downstairs and some marcona almonds before I went to photography class. Not the best apple I've ever had, but I guess it did the job.

I just finished my stock project and am getting ready for jazz night! Mary Alice and I are going to dinner first at FIG, then Chloe's Cup, and finally the Alcove!

No comments:

Post a Comment