Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Night in New Orleans

Well, at least that's what it felt like last night!

Mary Alice and I started off at Chloe's Cup for dinner. I ordered the black bean soup with a half order of hummus and pita chips.


There was a good crowd, and they were even serving Cafe Dumonde style beignets for jazz night! We chose to split the "Nutty Buddy" pie instead. It was a good choice! I enjoyed my pie and sipped on decaf coffee, while listening to a local Tuscaloosa Jazz band called the Voodoo Saints. So relaxing.

PB Lovin'

They might appear to be a three man band, but they said they had a fourth member named "Fillup." (their tip jar)

Afterwards, we hopped on over to the Alcove to finish out the night. Love this place! I tried two noteworthy craft beers, Kronenbourg 1664 and Ephemere (tasted just like a granny smith apple!). The jazz band here had a more big band/night club feel. I really liked both bands, and they both appropriately fit each venue!

What a great night! It's times like these that I'm really going to miss about college.

Breakfast this morning was a mix of Kashi Maple and Brown Sugar instant oats, 1/2 C skim milk, 1 T chia seeds, blueberries, Iz granola, and a spoonful of PB&Co White Chocolate Wonderful.


I went to class all morning and came back for lunch at the sorority house. The main meal being served was Philly cheesesteaks and steak fries. This is what's frustrating about meals in a sorority house. That doesn't really appeal to me in the first place, but it especially doesn't right before I know I'm going on a run. The only other options I have are peanut butter sandwiches, salad bar, and fruit. All foods I like, but it can just get a little boring sometimes. I made my sandwich with two slices of Nature's Own 100% Whole Wheat Bread, slathered on PB&Co White Chocolate Wonderful (I find this is easier to spread than other nut butters), and filled it with sunflower seeds, dried cranberries, and pecans.


After lunch, I met my friend Hope for an 8 mile run around campus! It was pretty dang hot outside, but we persevered. LOVE having running buddies. Go run with your friends-it's FUN! I walked to Smoothie King right after we finished our run. I refueled with an Angel Food Smoothie, which consists of strawberries, bananas, soy protein, skim milk, and vanilla. I asked for it without the turbinado and honey.


I worked on homework and ran errands right up until dinner time! I bought a new cereal (Kashi Golden Goodness) and oatmeal (Kashi GoLean Honey & Cinnamon) today at Publix. Dinner was bourbon and brown sugar grilled chicken, grilled asparagus, corn on the cob, and rolls. I had one and a half chicken breasts (they were super small!), and I loaded up on asparagus! Wednesday night dinners are always the best.


Dessert/bedtime snack was Strawberry Oikos Greek yogurt topped with blueberries, Iz granola, and chocolate chips. It looks just like something I would get at Yogurt Lab, except the yogurt isn't frozen!


I'm trying to get ahead, so the rest of the night is devoted to schoolwork. I don't actually have anything due this week, but next week I have 3 projects, a paper, a test, and a quiz! Seriously? Not cool.

Tomorrow night is our senior bar crawl, which is basically a night of bar hopping with my entire pledge class (and all of the younger pledge classes pay!).

Have a good night!

1 comment:

  1. Last night looked like so much fun! Congrats on the 8 mile run:)

    ReplyDelete