Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Pleasant Surprise

Kozy's is another hidden gem in Tuscaloosa!

Literally. It's just a house on the side of the road!

But once inside, it transforms into a fine dining experience! There are black and white pictures of old movie stars all over the restaurant.

We ordered Kozy's Famous Mushrooms (stuffed with beef tenderloin and Gruyere cheese) for the table to share.

Molasses Salmon with Mascarpone Risotto and Sauteed Spinach.

I spent the rest of the night watching The Office on my laptop and then Harry Potter in the TV room with some friends. Exciting, I know.

Breakfast this morning was Kashi Honey & Cinnamon instant oats (I like Maple and Brown Sugar a lot better), 1/2 C water, 1 T chia seeds, 1/2 sliced banana, and PB & Co White Chocolate Wonderful. I also crumbled in part of a leftover bran muffin from yesterday's breakfast.


Mary Alice and I met for a mid-morning training run. We wanted to go on a 10 mile run, which would be our last long run before the half-marathon. Being the laid back runners we are, we didn't have a planned out route. We've never really timed ourselves or kept track of how far we're running until after we get back, because we want to avoid burning out and becoming obsessive. It's worked for us so far! I can still honestly say that I'm having fun! We haven't even been really following a specific training schedule. We've just been listening to our bodies and doing what works best for us! I've also found that running is a lot of trial and error. You have to figure out what works best for you. I'm happy to report that I had no blisters after this run! We ran 2 loops around campus that we estimated to be about 10 miles. However, when we got  back and mapped our run, we discovered that we had run 12.5 miles without even realizing it!!! I was shocked!

While we were running, we talked about how fun it is to see the progress we've made over the course of the semester. I wouldn't consider myself the fastest runner in the world or anything, but I've definitely come a long way. Earlier in the semester, I would get excited about running 3 miles, and now I'm running 12.5!  It was such an encouraging run, and I finally feel like I'm ready to run a half-marathon. Nashville here we come!

When we got back, I made a quick lunch using stuff I had at the sorority house. A PB&B Sandwich and strawberry Oikos Greek Yogurt topped with Iz granola and fruit. I ate a lot more of the granola straight out of the bag!


I took a really long shower after lunch and headed to Panera Bread to work on some homework. It was a pretty day, so I sat outside and drank coffee. I also ate a Clif Mojo Trail Mix Bar, while I was there.


I got dinner to-go from Moe's Southwest Grill before I met with a group to work on a project at 7. I've been to Moe's a lot recently, but it's just such an easy walk from the sorority house. I also think it can be healthy and provide a wide variety of nutrients, if you order the right thing! Today I got a junior burrito on a whole wheat tortilla. I filled it with tofu, rice, black beans, onions, peppers, cheese, lettuce, and pico de gallo. My friend Hillary got tofu in her burrito when we went on Friday and really liked it, so I decided to give it a whirl. I thought it was delicious!


After I finished working on my group project, I went through the drive-thru at the old school TCBY where you can't choose unlimited toppings. I got a small cup of white chocolate mousse topped with Reese's. Simple but so good!


One more fun pic from bar crawl:

I'm on the back row, 3rd from the right.

I've got a busy week ahead, so I'm gonna try to get back to work! We'll see how long that actually lasts:) Good night everyone!





2 comments:

  1. I am so proud you ran 12.5 miles! Also, had almost the same thing at TCBY today! Always the best:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh so exciting!! Congrats on the run! Now you know you can definitely do it in Nashville!

    ReplyDelete