Pages

Monday, April 11, 2011

Stranded in the Rain

Tonight has been so random! I spent WAY more time than I wanted to in the Student Health Center, but not because I'm sick! Mary Alice and I were at about mile 6 of our 8 mile run when we saw lightning and heard tornado warning sirens, so we ducked in the Student Health Center to take shelter. We ended up staying over an hour! The nurses were nice enough to provide refreshments, since we were there around dinner time. I gladly accepted a Nature Valley Sweet & Salty Peanut Granola Bar and bottle of water. We were frustrated that we weren't able to finish our run, but it did end up turning into a fun night!

After the rain fiasco, M.A and I decided to treat ourselves to dinner and dessert. We both missed dinner at our sorority houses, since dinner is served promptly at 6 PM every night. The rain and cold weather had me craving soup, so we went to Panera Bread. Several fast food restaurants we passed along the way had completely lost power, so we were pleased to find Panera in working order! I ordered a You Pick Two with a Tomato & Mozzarella Panini and Garden Vegetable Soup. I got an apple on the side.


After dinner, we went to Yogurt Lab! I mixed angel food cake yogurt and tart yogurt and topped it with kiwi, strawberries, toasted coconut, mochi, and Ashley Mac's brownie (gotta have a little chocolate, of course). This was one of my best creations yet!


I ate breakfast out of my pretty new bowl this morning! (Now, it's back to paper plates and plastic utensils). I had a mix of Chobani Greek yogurt, sliced banana, Barbara's Shredded Oats,  TJ's Sunflower Seed Butter, and Iz granola. Iz granola is the local granola sold at the Birmingham Whole Foods (also sold at Manna in Tuscaloosa). After breakfast and a trip to the Starbucks drive-thru, I made my way back to Tuscaloosa. I made it just in time to park, grab my backpack, and walk to my 9:00 class.


After my morning classes, I ate lunch at the sorority house. Lunch was Bowtie Chicken Pasta and a side salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, carrots, sunflower seeds, and balsamic vinaigrette. I liked that the pasta was served in a marinara sauce and had broccoli florets all throughout the dish.


I was so excited to see berries on the salad bar today! 

The rest of my day was not quite so exciting-math lab, afternoon class, and snacking on TJ's Marcona Almonds + dried cherries.

I'm ready to curl up in my pj's! Have a great night!

No comments:

Post a Comment