Pages

Sunday, April 3, 2011

Lessons Learned

The cold front has officially moved out and the warm weather is back! It was a beautiful day!

Breakfast was 1 C Kashi Heart to Heart Warm Cinnamon, a handful of Barbara's PB Puffins, 1/2 skim milk, and a sliced banana.



Cameron and I went to church this morning and ate lunch at FIG afterwards. I ordered a coffee and the Asian Chicken Salad, which consisted of romaine lettuce, teriyaki chicken, Asian noodles, and peanuts.



I had a phone date with Laura and am getting so excited about our trip to Nashville this weekend!!!

Later in the afternoon, I met Mary Alice for an 8 mile training run! Wahoo! I ate a spoonful (or two) of PB & Co White Chocolate Wonderful and a few random handfuls of cereal, nuts, and dried fruit before I left.  It was dangerously hot today, so we made 3 pit stops along the way to rehydrate. I learned a few valuable lessons that will be beneficial to me when running the Country Music Half Marathon:

1) My hair is out of control. It's gotten so long that my ponytail hits the back of my neck the whole time. It's just uncomfortable. And even though I used bobby pins, wisps of hair still got in my face. Constantly brushing my hair out of my face was really distracting. Headband? Bun? I'll be thinking of ways to manage my hair!

2) My socks were way too thin, and I rubbed two ginormous blisters on the sides of my feet. I actually put paper towels in my shoes at one point. Resourceful, eh? Don't worry-it's ok now thanks to one of my friend's first aid kits.

3) Chapped lips drive me crazy! My beloved Kiehl's Lip Balm #1 will be accompanying me in my next long run!

Despite all my "physical ailments", it was still a great run! I'm getting more and more excited for the half marathon!

Callie and I picked up dinner from Zoe's Kitchen. I ordered the Chicken Salad & Fruit Plate. Light, refreshing, filling, and totally hit the spot. We had a lovely time sitting outside on the patio.


I figured I could use a few extra kcals, so Katie and I went to Wendy's for a Toffee Coffee Twisted Frosty. Whoa. It was pure deliciousness!


I think this might be the first Sunday that I've never had to study for a test or do homework. Oh, the perks of being a senior:)

3 comments:

  1. You need a Lululemon headband! And good socks are a must. All my nice socks stay at school and I keep my old, thin ones at home, so whenever I'm home my feet suffer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristen, the best socks for running are Experia. You can get them pretty much at any sporting goods store. Nashville is known for being hot that day, so you'll want sport socks that won't rub blisters! :)

    ReplyDelete