Pages

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Pizza Party

Trivia was a success! We won a bonus round and were even in 3rd place at one point! Our goal is to win before we graduate. Not to mention, we had a pretty great name, "Innisfree is closing. Everyone leave."We thought it was clever, anyway. For dinner, I ordered a Blackened Shrimp Sandwich and Sweet Potato Fries. The sandwich was good, but I wished it had more shrimp and less bread. There is an option to turn sandwiches into wraps, which I'll probably do next time. I debated for a long time between getting the sauteed veggies and sweet potato fries as my side item. Ultimately, I chose the sweet potato fries. And I don't regret it, because they were awesome!


This morning's oatmeal contained all the usual suspects- Kashi Maple and Brown Sugar instant oats, 1/2 C skim milk, 1 T chia seeds, blueberries, and 1/2 packet of Justin's Honey PB. In addition, I crumbled in some blueberry walnut bread that was downstairs for breakfast this morning. It made my oats even better than usual!


I didn't have class today, so I met Mary Alice for a 3 mile run this morning and ran 2 more miles on my own. I ate a quick lunch at the sorority house before heading to the math lab to finish some problems. Lunch was a PB&B Sandwich, using the other half of my Justin's Honey PB packet. In addition to my banana, I added dried cranberries and sunflower seeds to my sandwich. I had a few people question this combo at lunch, but I stand strong behind it! It has a great texture and combination of flavors. I also had a salad on the side, consisting of tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, shredded carrots, hard boiled egg, and balsamic vinaigrette. And Super Fruits Oikos Greek yogurt to finish off the meal. I met with a group to work on a project and then headed to Birmingham. I packed some apple slices + almonds for the road!



I was planning on going to dinner with my parents once I got to Birmingham, but we were all so tired that we just decided to stay in and have a pizza party. Dinner was waiting on me when I finally got home! We ordered a large pizza from Area 41 that was half vegetarian (shrooms, onions, peppers, goat cheese) and half chicken pesto. I got a slice of each and paired it with a side salad. It was just what I wanted!


I'm about to start packing for Nashville! I'm leaving around noon tomorrow and should get there mid-afternoon. Can't wait for a fun weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment