Pages

Friday, April 22, 2011

Home for Easter

I'm happy to be home for Easter!

Here's an overview of the daily eats:

Breakfast:
In the mix:
-Quaker Maple and Brown Sugar instant oats
-1/2 C skim milk
Toppings:
-sliced banana
-dried cranberries
-1 T chia seeds
-PB & Co White Chocolate Wonderful



Mid-morning snack:
I ate a mini Lemon Zest Luna Bar before meeting Hope for a 7.5 mile run. I can't believe I'm running my half-marathon in just a week!



Lunch:
After we finished our run, I passed Pita Pit on my way home, and stopped in to grab lunch. I knew lunch was about to end at the sorority house and fried fridays didn't sound too appealing to me at the time. I got the Grilled Chicken Souvlaki Pita (chicken marinated in Greek seasoning)  I got it on a whole wheat pita and it was stuffed full with romaine, tomatoes, cucumbers, shrooms, roasted red peppers, bell peppers, and taziki sauce.



Afternoon Snack:
After lunch, I took a shower, packed up, and headed home. I was really craving an apple on the car ride home, so I pulled over at Target, once I got back to Birmingham. I got a few Fuji apples and Justin's Maple Almond Butter. Oh, how I've missed it. I ate an apple as soon as I got back to my car.



When I got home, I found Peterbrooke Chocolatier's Chocolate Covered Popcorn waiting for me! Yum!



Dinner:
My dad had a business dinner tonight, so my mom, brother and I set out on a quest for Mexican food. We first tried Superior Grill (so crowded we couldn't even find a parking spot), then Chuy's (75 minute wait), and were finally successful at Don Pepe's. Third time's a charm. My mom and I split the vegetarian quesadilla and an order of guacamole.


Dessert:
After dinner, we headed over to Yogurt Twists for frozen yogurt. I got espresso yogurt and topped it with granola, coconut, and Reese's.



I'm exhausted and will be spending the rest of my night working on homework!
Happy Good Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment