Pages

Friday, April 8, 2011

NashVegas

Hello from Nashville! I just got back from a fun night out on the town. It seems like forever ago that I was in Birmingham this morning. I watched Regis & Kelly while I ate breakfast this morning. I love watching morning shows, but I usually always have class at this time. I had a mix of Strawberry Oikos Greek yogurt, Barbara's Shredded Oats, 1/2 sliced banana, and TJ's Sunflower Seed Butter.


My mom and I grabbed an early lunch at Edgar's Bakery before I left for Nashville. I got the Spring Vegetable Quiche with Fresh Fruit and coffee. I hit the road after lunch and made it in less than 3 hours! I packed the other half of my banana + almonds to snack on. It was a nice relaxing drive, and I enjoyed having some time by myself.


It's so fun being reunited with Laura and Ann. Ann's brother and sister both go to law school at Vanderbilt University, so we are staying at their apartment for the weekend. It's just a short walk from downtown. Her sister is in Washington D.C. for the weekend, so her brother has been our host for the night. He's done an excellent job selecting restaurants/bars so far! 

We went to a very authentic Italian restaurant for dinner called Bella Napoli. All of the ingredients are imported from Naples! It was located in a back alley, which made me feel like I was really in Italy. We split a bottle of Pinot Noir between the four of us, and I ordered Gnocchi alla Siciliana for my meal. Gnocchi is basically a potato dumpling, and it easily became one of my favorite foods after spending a month in Italy. I rarely get to eat it, so I thought tonight would be the perfect night. I also tried a small slice of Laura and Ann's Vegetariana Pizza, which was also really good.




Our eyes are glowing!

After dinner, we walked around downtown for a bit and went to Cabana for after-dinner drinks and dessert. I ordered a Yuengling while we waited for our table. Once we were seated, we split a slice of Tagalong Cheesecake three ways for dessert. The crust was my favorite part! I loved the butterscotch flavor.


I've had so much fun, and it's definitely a much needed weekend get-away. We're eating breakfast tomorrow at Fido, a trendy coffee shop where T-Swift was seen last week! Other plans for the day include a morning run, a vegetarian lunch at The Wild Cow, a trip to Trader Joe's, and a potential hike. I'm in foodie paradise!

Hope you're having a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment