Pages

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

One of Those Days

Tuesdays are always my longest and most stressful days. I'm ready for a night of relaxation after running around all day!

My breakfast today featured Kashi Maple and Brown Sugar instant oats, 1/2 C skim milk, 1 T chia seeds, 1/2 sliced banana, blueberries, and a spoonful of crunchy Barney Butter (I haven't forgotten about it!). I knew I had a busy day ahead, so I went on a 4 mile run before my 9:30 class. It's nice that I don't have my 8 AM class anymore on Tuesdays and Thursdays! Even though I only took one day off, it's so weird to me that I actually missed running yesterday and wanted to get right back into it early this morning!


After class, I went to a faculty appreciation luncheon for Phi Upsilon Omicron (an honor society in the College of Human Environmental Sciences). Lunch was catered by Zoe's Kitchen, and there was a nice little spread of food. Thanks to Jody and Mary Alice for organizing a great meal!

Turkey Sandwiches

Chicken Salad Sandwiches

Spinach + Chicken Roll-ups

Steak Roll-ups

Alabama themed cookies from Mary's Cakes and Pastries! (Mary Alice baked them)

+ a wide variety of sides, including slaw, potato salad, pasta salad, fruit, and chips

My plate

Cute, huh?

After lunch, I spent a few (dreaded) hours in the math lab. Before my 3:30 Photography class, I quickly ate a snack of strawberry Oikos Greek yogurt with a few slivered almonds + Quaker Oatmeal Squares added in for some crunch. I went BACK to the math lab after class. When I finally got back home, I realized I didn't have my phone. I ran back to the math lab, because I knew that was when I last had it. When I got there, I was really frazzled and the math tutors looked at me like I was crazy. They said they hadn't seen a cell phone and no one had turned one in. 


I was meeting my friend Hope for dinner at FIG before Campus Crusade for Christ, so I didn't have any more time to look for my phone. Hope just ran a half-marathon in Atlanta, so we chatted about that and she gave me some pointers! We both ordered a cup of Tomato Soup and the Grilled Salmon Salad. Both were amazing! Most tomato soups are way too creamy, but this one had actual chunks of tomato, which I really liked. The salmon salad came with goat cheese, mandarin oranges, walnuts, and citrus vinaigrette. It was delicious! I didn't have my camera or phone at this point, so I'm sad to say I don't have any pictures. Just know that this was an outstanding meal! While we were finishing up dinner, Hope got a text saying, "Tell whoever's phone this is that we have it at the math lab." I went straight to the math lab, got my phone, and still made it to Campus Crusade on time. I'm now sipping a cup of Stash Peppermint Hot Tea and snacking on a few chocolate covered pretzels.


Love the inspirational quotes that are posted on the sorority house door! Hope you have a great night!

.

2 comments:

  1. Love that quote! Glad you found your phone. And thanks for the shout-out :)

    ReplyDelete