Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

Joy Comes in the Morning

Good morning! Hope this post finds everyone well.

We wanted to go ahead and start carbo-loading, so last night's dinner was pizza from Area 41. I had one slice of vegetarian and one slice of chicken pesto paired with an arugula salad, consisting of pears, walnuts, and bleu cheese.


Mary Alice and I went on a 3 mile walk around my neighborhood after dinner. We were mentally drained from everything that has happened, and weren't really feeling up for a run. We had a lot to take in for just one day. We had a good chat and were definitely able to sort through some of the different emotions we have been feeling over the last couple of days. I haven't actually run since Monday, which will either work to my advantage or disadvantage.

After our walk, we met Jody at Yogurt Twists. I think we were all just wanting to get out of the house to help take our minds off of things. I got a mix of original tart and blueberry tart yogurt topped with coconut, granola, strawberries, kiwi, and cookie dough.


I went to bed pretty early last night and woke up to KODIAK CAKES!!! I absolutely love Kodiak Cakes and haven't been able to make them in forever, since I don't have a kitchen in the sorority house. I topped them with peanut butter, 1/2 sliced banana, strawberries, blueberries, and a drizzle of maple syrup.


We will be leaving shortly for Nashville. Be looking for updates later tonight!

Please continue to pray for Tuscaloosa.

I found comfort in these verses as I was reminded of them last night.

"There is a time for everything,
  and a season for every activity under the heavens:
  a time to be born and a time to die,
  a time to plant and a time to uproot,
  a time to kill and a time to heal,
  a time to tear down and a time to build,
  a time to weep and a time to laugh,
  a time to mourn and a time to dance,
  a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
  a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing,
  a time to search and a time to give up,
  a time to keep and a time to throw away,
  a time to tear and a time to mend,
  a time to be silent and a time to speak,
  a time to love and a time to hate,
  a time for war and a time for peace.



What do workers gain from their toil? I have seen the burden God has laid on the human race. He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the human heart; yet no one can fathom what God has done from beginning to end. I know that there is nothing better for people than to be happy and to do good while they live. That each of them may eat and drink, and find satisfaction in all their toil—this is the gift of God. I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that people will fear him.


 Whatever is has already been,
 and what will be has been before;
 and God will call the past to account."



Ecclesiastes 3:1-14

1 comment:

  1. Kristen! I loved talking to you today, and I feel like I have learned a great deal just from talking to you about all you have been through. Excellent verse- Thank you! Good luck tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete