Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Quotes to live by

Trivia was HARD last night. I hardly knew any of the answers, but it was still a fun night!

Breakfast was vanilla Chobani Greek yogurt mixed with Iz granola, sliced banana, and TJ's Valencia PB with Flaxseed. I ate breakfast while I studied for my last Italian quiz of the semester!


Lunch was chicken salad over a big salad filled with tomatoes, cucumbers, bell peppers, shredded carrots, dried cranberries, and walnuts. I had half of a croissant (un-pictured) and strawberries and grapes on the side.


It rained again today, so I went to the Rec after lunch. The weather is really interfering with my running schedule! I hate running on treadmills, so I did 45 minutes on the arc trainer and 15 on the stair master.

When I got back, I was craving cereal, so I made a bowl of Kashi Honey Toasted with Silk Almond Milk.


I didn't have class the rest of the day, but I used my time productively to work on a few papers that are due next week. Next week is "dead week", which means teachers are not technically allowed to give tests. Somehow, I still always have a ton of work to do! Can't believe next week is my last week of college. The reality hadn't really hit me until this past week. I'm trying to have as much fun as possible and soak in everything that college has to offer in these last two weeks. Even though there is a huge part of me that's excited about the future and what is to come, I'll really miss certain aspects of college, especially the friendships I've formed over the past 4 years. 

Dinner tonight was a shrimp boil with potatoes and corn on the cob. It was good but spicy!


I've always been a big fan of quotes, so I thought I would share a few of my favorites. Hope these quotes will provide you with encouragement no matter where you are in life.

"The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams."
-Eleanor Roosevelt


"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
-Albert Einstein

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all."
-Helen Keller


"Always be a first-rate version of yourself, instead of a second-rate version of someone else."
-Judy Garland


"Pick the day. Enjoy it-to the hilt. The day as it comes. People as they come. The past, I think, has helped me appreciate the present-and I don't want to spoil any of it by fretting about the future."
-Audrey Hepburn


"The best thing about the future is that it only comes one day at a time.
-Abraham Lincoln


"You are never too old to set a new goal or to dream a new dream."
-C.S. Lewis

"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."
-Mark Twain

"All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them."
-Walt Disney

"Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."
-Henry David Thoreau

"It takes courage to grow up and become who you really are."
-e.e. cummings

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you’ll land among the stars."
-Les Brown

"If we did all the things we were capable of, we would literally astound ourselves."
-Thomas Edison

"To be nobody but yourself in a world which is doing its best, night and day, to make you everybody else means to fight the hardest battle which any human being can fight; and never stop fighting."
-e.e. cummings

"You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
You are the guy who'll decide where to go."
-Dr. Seuss

I'm looking forward to going home tomorrow for Easter!
Good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment