Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Sweet Potato Muffin

I've had such a fun weekend, and I'm sad it's coming to a close! Nashville is a great city, and I'm excited to be going back in just a few weeks for my half-marathon!

We had a fun dinner at P.M. last night!

I tried a Japanese beer called Sapporo. I really liked it!

Edamame is an essential appetizer

I ordered two sushi rolls, Spicy Scallop and The Winter (crab, salmon, and tuna wrapped in cucumber)



After dinner, we drove to the highest point in Nashville where Rich's house (aka Mt. Richmore) of Big 'N Rich is located.  It's on a hill that overlooks the city of Nashville and has a very pretty view! We also went to a very upscale bar called The Patterson House. It was named after Malcolm R. Patterson, who vetoed prohibition during his second term as Governor of Tennessee during the 1920's. It was darkly lit, classy, sophisticated, and felt just like a speakeasy. They had a list of very specific rules posted at the front of the bar. One of the rules read,"Please refrain from using your cell phone for anything other than texting." Ann's brother (Eli) said, "You'll have to take mental pictures here!" I ordered a glass of Malbec and tried one of Eli's Cinnamon Sugar Doughnuts for dessert. It was pretty good! I don't normally eat doughnuts, but it reminded me of doughnut holes that I used to eat when I was younger.

We're all early risers and "morning people", so we ate breakfast again at Fido. I saw a few orders of oatmeal go by as we were eating breakfast yesterday and knew I needed to try it!

Can't start the day without a good cup of joe! Spiked with a little skim milk and cinnamon!

My oatmeal was filled with strawberries, bananas, and golden raisins. I asked for it without brown sugar and got a side of peanut butter instead. 
Oats + banana + peanut butter = perfection

I was intrigued by this Sweet Potato White Chocolate Muffin. I ate it shortly after I got on the road back to Birmingham. Muffin tops are always the best part! I <3 sweet potato.

Fun Fact: Muffins were my favorite food when I was a little girl. I even named my grandparents' dog Muffin and asked for muffins for Christmas one year!

We went to church this morning at Covenant Presbyterian and ate lunch at Bread & Company afterwards. I got the Montegard Salad, which consisted of herb pulled turkey, diced apples, dried cranberries, walnuts, cranberry pecan croutons, goat cheese, and sesame vinaigrette


I wasn't ready for my weekend to be over quite yet, so I decided to drive back to Birmingham for one more night at home and drive back to Tuscaloosa in the morning. 

When I got home, my mom and I went to dinner at La Paz. It's so funny we ended up there, because AnnLaura, and I had been talking about it all weekend. We got an order of guacamole and split the Mexican Quesadilla. It comes on a tomato tortilla and is filled with mushrooms, corn, squash, and zucchini




After a weekend of relaxing and eating really good food, I'm ready to get back in the exercise routine! I'm glad Mary Alice and I have a long run planned for tomorrow. Good night!

3 comments:

  1. Ahh so jealous you went to La Paz! If we had had one more night in Nashville, we would've gone there. I like the part about the "mental pictures." Oh Eli...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ann! I am so jealous you went to La Paz! We will make a trip there soon:) I am so glad we got to spend the wekeend together! I hope you have a wonderful week, and I will talk to you soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sweet potato muffin looks amazing! So glad you emailed me girl!

    ReplyDelete