Pages

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Date Cookies

I had so much fun at the concert last night! I only knew a few Band of Horses songs prior to the concert, but I really liked everything they sang. The Avett Brothers rocked it, and I became an even bigger fan after last night! Favorites were Paranoia in B Major, Die Die Die, Murder in the City, Kick Drum Heart, Shame, and I And Love And You. We had pit sitting and had an awesome view! I think the Tuscaloosa Amphitheater is going to be a huge success! Patti Labelle and the O'Jays are playing tonight and Kenny Chesney and Sugarland are coming later this month. We had a good time hanging out at Mary Alice's brother's apartment last night, and it was perfect walking distance to the concert. My only complaint was that it was a little chilly, but that was probably my fault for not dressing warmer!

The Avett Brothers take the stage!


We had a fun-filled and spontaneous night! I may or may not have gotten a late night snack of hummus + pita bread and a shortbread cookie with date filling at a Mediterranean restaurant downtown last night. I also had a pumpkin ale, which I have been wanting to try ever since I started reading Kath's blog. Of course, I loved it! All items mentioned above were most definitely "blog worthy", but unfortunately, I didn't get pictures of any of them!

I woke up on the late side today, so breakfast was just a banana with 1/2 packet of Justin's Honey PB.

I wanted to kill two birds with one stone by getting coffee and lunch at the same time, so I went to Panera Bread for coffee and a sandwich. I got a Turkey Sandwich on whole grain bread (no mayo!). I happen to love their whole grain bread! It had a little too much meat for my liking, so I ended up taking some of the turkey off the sandwich. I also sliced up a Granny Smith apple and used the rest of my Justin's Honey PB packet to round out the meal.

Interesting Fact: I worked at Panera Bread my senior of high school!




I'm eating dinner at Evangeline's with my parents and Cameron and her parents tonight. I've obviously already scoped out the menu, and I think I will probably order the Crab Cakes and some kind of tomato salad (I'll have to ask the waiter for recommendations). Or maybe the fresh catch. We shall see! After dinner, we are going to a cocktail party at Cypress Inn.

2 comments:

  1. Have fun tonight! I wish I was there to spend the evening with you, Cameron, and your families:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ADORE I and love and you. Such a good song!

    ReplyDelete