Pages

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Greek Day

Good afternoon! I'm currently blogging from the library, because the internet at the sorority house has been down all day. Just trying to get in a quick post before I get my trivia on tonight!

I love cereal, but it just doesn't fill me up! My stomach was growling by the end of my 11:00 class. I had 1 C Kashi Heart to Heart Oat Flakes and Blueberry Clusters, 3/4 C Silk Almond Milk, and 1/2 sliced banana.


It's a good thing we had Greek Day at the sorority house for lunch!!! I spread hummus on a warm pita and filled it with grilled chicken, sauteed onions and peppers, and taziki sauce. On the side, I had a salad with tomatoes, cucumbers, mushrooms, dried cranberries, and sunflower seeds, and balsamic vinaigrette. And a graham cracker with a little crunchy Barney Butter, pecans, and dried cranberries for dessert.




After lunch, I went to the Rec Center and did 45 minutes on the arc trainer and 15 minutes on the stair master. The stair master is one machine that's always challenging! Nothing like old school Shania Twain (Come on Over, Honey I'm Home, Love Gets Me Every Time, That Don't Impress Me Much, etc) to get me going during my workout! I ate apple slices and blueberries with a little more crunchy Barney Butter for my afternoon snack.


I'm going to try to get some more work done before I go to Innisfree Irish Pub for dinner tonight. We're  having pot roast and mashed potatoes at the sorority house, so I'm not missing out on much. It always fills up fast on trivia night, so we want to make sure we get a table. The food is actually really good and has more healthy options than you would think for a bar.

It's been such an easy work week, and I feel like I never have go to class anymore. I'm going home tomorrow afternoon after I meet with a group to work on a project. It's always nice to be home, and I'd like to do a little shopping while I'm in Birmingham. I'm so excited about spending my weekend in Nashville!!!

Happy Hump Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment