Pages

Monday, March 21, 2011

Almond Butter Addiction

I didn't want to wake up this morning!

I watched the Today Show while I ate breakfast, and it made me miss New York. I had a bowl of Kashi Maple and Brown Sugar Oatmeal, 1/2 C skim milk, 1 T chia seeds, slivered almonds, dried cranberries, and Justin's Maple Almond Butter.


I went to class in the morning and turned in my assignments. My mom was in town today so I met her and grandmother for lunch at Cypress Inn, a restaurant that overlooks the Black Warrior River in Tuscaloosa. I ordered the Grilled Atlantic Salmon and it came with a cream dill sauce on the side. I got a house salad and squash casserole as my sides. The squash casserole is fabulous!

View from our table



Even though I had a filling lunch, I knew I needed an afternoon snack. I met Mary Alice for a run at 6 PM and wouldn't be eating dinner until afterwards, so I had a Bartlett pear with a spoonful of Justin's Maple Almond Butter. This might be my favorite almond butter of all in the Justin's line! I'm seriously addicted. 

We ran all over campus and mapped our run at 6 miles! I'm still a little congested, which made running a little difficult. Overall, it was a great run and I loved catching up with MA! We had a great conversation about our futures, so stay tuned for a post about that! 

I missed dinner at the house, so I got Newk's to go. Half of a Chicken Pesto Sandwich and half of a Simply Salad with Sherry Vinaigrette. The house staff left cookies out downstairs, so I grabbed a White Chocolate Macademia Nut Cookie for dessert. I'm thinking about going downstairs for another one!




I'm not quite sure what to do with my Monday nights now that The Bachelor is over.

Exciting News of the Day: I registered for the Doctors' Day 10K Run on Saturday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment